What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2019?

So, to summarize the above video, the best games of 2019 so far:

MLB: The Show
Ace Combat 7
Devil May Cry 5
Resident Evil 2
The Division 2
Devotion (game about a cake?)
Metro Exodus
Apex Legends
Mortal Kombat 11
Void bastards
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Outer Wilds
Tetris 99
Kingdom Hearts III

Good ones to look out for in the Black Friday sale this year.

I just finished this game. It’s a really creepy little walking simulator with some light puzzles.

It’s also Chinese and unfortunately the developers pissed off their government somehow and got shut down. The only way to play it is to pirate it. Worth it if you like horror games.

It’s not about a cake.

So my Sept-Dec list is looking like this:

Greedfall - maybe , will wait for reviews.
Chernobylite - maybe , will wait for reviews.
Outer Worlds - if it hits pc gamepass, yep yep yep, otherwise next year.
Phoenix Point - if it hits pc gamepass, yep yep yep, otherwise next year.
Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order - maybe , will wait for reviews.

What a weird way to end the year, with a few games going exclusive for a year into 2020 and me picking up the xbox game pass, my upcoming purchases have just about all disappeared for 2019.

No Phoenix Point?

Forgot about it , and I am pretty sure its coming to gamepass.
Also it got pushed back to December. Wonder if it will meet that release date.

Hmmm, only (almost) must-have for me right now (that I can think of) is The Surge 2. Watching closely: Control, Borderlands 3, Code Vein. Mildly interested: Greedfall. I think that’s it.

Most of the games I was most interested in have been postponed to 2020, so I’m not even sure what else is coming in 2019. I might have to add a few there. ;)

It is, yes. How about Watchdogs or Breakpoint? Those are on mine :)

Watchdogs Legion is 2020. ;) And I am not that into the Ghost recon stuff, I have the first one from I think a Humble Monthly, still haven’t played it.

Worth it just for Bolubia!

Astral Chain in nine days.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Death Stranding
Doom Eternal
Luigi’s Mansion 3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Contra: Rogue Corps
Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
Daemon X Machina
Pokémon Sword & Shield
Gears 5

Probably missing a few more retro-styled things that will pop up, but that should be plenty for the Holiday season.

Yay, big finish to the year for Switch! Bring it on!

Yup. Kinda hard to believe how many Switch games are coming in the last half here. Nintendo has a really strong lineup for Christmas and seems set to do very well.

My pre-orders for Control, Doom Eternal, and Jedi Fallen Order should finish out the year nicely. Plus, The Outer Worlds on XGP.

Even if one of them’s a clunker, that’s still a bunch of single-player goodness.

That is a great list.

Dragon Quest XI on Switch in September - only problem is I’ll still be playing Dragon Quest Builders 2.
Close Combat: The Bloody First - not definite confirmed for 2019, but has been in beta testing for several months now and I’m guessing it will get a release date soon.
Death Stranding. I realised this will only be the 2nd PS4 game I’ve bought since getting my Switch last year!

Gears 5 - This series is my guilty pleasure
The Outer Worlds - RPG goodness
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - It’s crazy that this looks a lot more tactical than the new Ghost Recon game

Doom Eternal delayed to 2020, so I think the big releases left in 2019 for me:

Jedi: Fallen Order
The Outer Worlds (Ultimate Game Pass)
Death Stranding (maybe)

Also looking forward to Holiday sale prices on:

Divinity: Original Sin 2
NiER Automota
ELEX
Resident Evil 2
Marvel’s Spider Man
Dad of War
Return of the Obra Dinn
Dragon Quest XI
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Final Fantasy X (X1)
Rage 2 (maybe? Same category as Borderlands 3, maybe not worth getting even with sale)
Surge 2
Control

Big Games that I’m currently working through:

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw
Gears 5
Subnautica
Dark Souls 3
DiRT Rally 2.0
Ruiner

I added Disco Elysium to my list. Lucky for me, it will be out next week already.

On that note, I got Code Vein after all and I’m loving it.