What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2019?

That Which Sleeps

Phoenix Point
AoE2:DE?
AoE4? (Highly unlikely)

I’ll make my list here when 2019 arrives. The only game I’ll mention beforehand is my most wanted pick for 2017 and 2018.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord.

I haven’t made my list for 2019 yet, but DiRT Rally 2.0 is a day one purchase for me. Even though I didn’t like DiRT 4, the original DiRT Rally bought so much good will that I’m willing to forgive DiRT 4.

Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light II and Starfield for me.

Oops, I think you posted in the wrong thread. I think you wanted this one:

I guess not all of these are 2019 releases, but this is what I’ve got…

Pretty Psyched
1) The Last of Us Part 2 I loved the first and have been waiting on this.
2) Dying Light 2 I didn’t know I could like zombies so much. Hope the game is more like the original than the expansion.
3) Doom Eternal Last one was great. If they focus only on single player this could be even better.

Cautiously Optimistic
4) Age of Wonders: Planetfall AoW 3 is one of the best 4X games. This would be in the first group if it wasn’t scifi.
5) Wolftenstein: Youngblood Not a direct sequel, but could still be great.
6) The Elder Scrolls 6[/u] I’ve played all the Elder Scrolls games, but haven’t really loved any of them. Skyrim did have a great world to explore. Hopefully they can improve on the rest.
7) Cyberpunk 2077 : Not a fan of cyberpunk, but I can’t count out CD Project Red.
8) Ori and the Will of the Wisps Liked the first Ori a lot.
Gloomhaven

Wait and See
Metro Exodus
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Days Gone
A Plague Tale: Innocence
Death Stranding
Anno 1800
Babylon’s Fall
Phoenix Point
Imperator: Rome

These two are for this thread:

I can think of a few worthies but for some reason Rage 2 is the only standout. I expect it to be easy to do stuff in, and that appeals more than more oh so serious videogames.

Devil May Cry 5
Nioh 2
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Age of Wonders: Planetfall
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC version (hopefully)

Really though, I’ve got more than enough to keep me busy even if none of these make it out. And my GotY will probably be something random that isn’t even on my radar.

Definitely:

RAGE 2 - Avalanche Studios open world RAGE game? Yes please!
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - From Software can do no wrong. Even when it first appears as if they will make something that doesn’t appeal to me (Bloodborne), it turns out it does appeal to me after all.
DiRT Rally 2.0 - Day 1.
Wolfenstein: Youngblood - More Wolfenstein? Yes please.
Ori and the Will of the Wisps - I’m currently playing Hollow Knight, and I keep thinking, why can’t this game be fun, like Ori?
The Last of Us Part 2 - I’m an unabashed fanboy of the original. They’d better not mess this up.
Doom Eternal - These guys get it. They know why Doom was fun.

Waiting on Positive Word of Mouth:

Crackdown 3 - I really hope this is as fun as the original.
Anthem - Come on Bioware. Surprise me.
Resident Evil 2 - The gameplay trailer really looked good.
Metro Exodus - i still need to play the second Metro game first though.

Oh yeah, Crackdown 3, guess that is finally coming out! So now all three games I’m anxious to play are basically coming out at the same time. Wonderful.

Nice :-)

Phoenix Point
Age of Wonders: Planetfall
The Last of Us Part 2
Dying Light 2
Biomutant
Spire of Sorcery
Gloomhaven
Six Ages
Stygian
Disco Elysium
Thea 2
Anno 1800
Sinking City

I forgot we had a 2021 thread already!

:D

Dark Future: Blood Red States

Definite
Phoenix Point
Wasteland 3
Metro Exodus
Age of Wonders - Planetfall

Maybe
Anthem
The Division 2
Rage 2
Between the Stars
Encased
Beautiful Desolation

Maybe I’ll get through some of my backlog this year.

I forgot about this, me too!

Oh rats, I forgot to include what will likely be my biggest time sink in 2019:

Grim Dawn with upcoming expansion Forgotten Gods.

Two easy ones for me will be Spelunky 2 and AoW: Planetfall, but there are some others that I assume will drop in 2019 as well, like The Last of Us 2 and (dare I hope) Below.

Usually I have a list of early Q1 titles I’m looking forward to, but nothing is ringing a bell now and skimming the usual “Games of 2019” lists I’m not seeing anything, but those lists don’t seem to include Spelunky 2 nor Planetfall so I’m sure there is some stuff I’m missing.