What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2019?

They’ve made three games, not two. The latest one is “Pyre”.

Oh yeah. I always forget about that one. Tom didn’t even review that one, just stuck it in his top 10 most disappointing games of 2017 list with this note:

• Utterly spectacular artwork and writing, but with a soccer game glommed onto it.

I look forward to LK 's list.

See the 2nd post. :p

Looks like I was wrong about Below, since it drops this week.

I want to add The Outer Worlds and Far Cry New Dawn, plus Doom Eternal. I should look at some of the lists in the OP and see what I’m forgetting, there are a fair number of exciting things coming.

I hope there are some Switch games to look forward to, as well.

I’m embarrassed by how limited my tastes are. This is the ‘keep an eye on’ list.

Metro Exodus
Rage 2
Dying Light 2

Outer Worlds
Greedfall
Two Worlds III
Valley of the Gods

Division 2
Anthem

Phoenix Point
AOW Planetfall

In no particular order

DinoGenics (in part because it’s designed by someone over at the Octopus Overlords board)

Total War: Three Kingdoms

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Sunless Skies (it’s been in early access for a while, but launches in early 2019)

Thousand Year Old Vampire (solo pen-and-paper RPG)

Animal Crossing (on the Switch)

Alright, you guys finally made me look up what the heck Phoenix Point is.

(Answer: Kickstarted new game by creator of original X-Com).

Anthem

The Outer Worlds

Etrian Odyssey Nexus

Resident Evil 2

That’s it, haven’t been paying much attention to what’s coming, still trying to catch up to 2017’s releases (or was it 2015?).

Oh, fuck! I had no idea! Comes out in mid-Feb looks like. Excellent! A reason I kept my 3DS up and charged is almost here! :)

Oh, how could I have forgotten:

Final Fantasy XII and IX for Xbox One!!!

This didn’t come out to XBO when it hit PC/PS4? That’s lame. On the plus side, it’s a fan-freaking-tastic update to an already amazing game, so I’m sort of jealous you get to experience it next year for the first time. I should plan another replay of this myself at some point…

Oh yes, in that vein, I’m really looking forward to playing through Final Fantasy X again on Xbox. I’m not a fan of XII, but I’m also looking forward to trying IX for the first time on the Xbox.

So far, beyond Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord (still not confirmed for 2019):

• Devil May Cry 5
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Anno 1800
  • Nioh 2
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • Thea 2 (already in EA)

EDIT: forgot a few.

• Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
  • God Eater 3
  • Shenmue 3
  • Witchbrook
  • Biomutant
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • The Surge 2
  • Code Vein

It was lame, but better late than never - a bunch of other FF games also coming:

Now if only Atlus would bring Persona 5 and the older SMT games to the Xbox One! Would love to play through the Digital Devil Saga and Devil Summoner games and Nocturne. Have them for the PS2 but never finished DDS2 or Nocturne and never even got to play the Devil Summoner games (and my PS2 is boxed away).

If you’re a fan of the SNES FF games, you’ll love IX. If it had been released after VI it would have been more fondly remembered - as it is, seems fans are split on this. Some consider it one of the best FF games while others don’t think much of it at all.

It’s a gorgeous game, even now, with fantastic art design, beautiful music, endearing characters, and up until the last 1/4 or so, great pacing. The random battles can be a bit excessive at times and this is made worse by the combat being a little slower overall compared to VII and VIII, but I think this version will be the same as the PS4 one with options for increased speed and no encounters.

IX, X and XII were an awesome FF trifecta, up there with IV, V and VI. Maybe XVI, XVII, and XVIII will be the ones.

Did you play Lost Odyssey? I found that one to be very much in the same spirit as FF X, so I loved it. I played through Disc 1,2,3 at least. Disc 4 kind of lost me because for some reason they opened up the world, so I just got confused on where I should go next.

Updated list:

Anthem

The Outer Worlds

Etrian Odyssey Nexus

Resident Evil 2

Final Fantasy XII

Tales of Vesperia (forgot this is coming in January for Xbox One! Nice that we’re getting some JRPGs, even if they’re ports/remasters).

Ha! Same thing happened to me. Got stock in some town after being on a train. Feel like I talked to everyone in that place and still had no idea what to do next, so gave up.

That’s a game that would have benefited immensely from a sped up battle/encounter system. Multiply the 10 second pre-battle animations by however many battles…

Great game, though. It’s on Xbox One BC so maybe I’ll replay it someday.

This game is still on my radar and looks to be going early access soon ?