What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2019?

Did you play Lost Odyssey? I found that one to be very much in the same spirit as FF X, so I loved it. I played through Disc 1,2,3 at least. Disc 4 kind of lost me because for some reason they opened up the world, so I just got confused on where I should go next.

Updated list:

Anthem

The Outer Worlds

Etrian Odyssey Nexus

Resident Evil 2

Final Fantasy XII

Tales of Vesperia (forgot this is coming in January for Xbox One! Nice that we’re getting some JRPGs, even if they’re ports/remasters).

Ha! Same thing happened to me. Got stock in some town after being on a train. Feel like I talked to everyone in that place and still had no idea what to do next, so gave up.

That’s a game that would have benefited immensely from a sped up battle/encounter system. Multiply the 10 second pre-battle animations by however many battles…

Great game, though. It’s on Xbox One BC so maybe I’ll replay it someday.

This game is still on my radar and looks to be going early access soon ?

Hmm so like Spintires in the sky!

Also added Jon Shafer’s At The Gates to my list! Yusssss!

Wargroove (trying to decide Switch or PC)
Phantom Brigade (has no release date yet but I am hoping)
At the Gates

I saw an ad for that on YouTube and it did look interesting. Part Bioshick, part Borderlands, part Mass Effect, it looked pretty good.

Wow, the very first game mentioned in that article is Sable. That trailer is gorgeous. Such nice music too. And search says that it hasn’t been mentioned in this thread yet by anyone.

Then there’s Skin Deep, which looks really strange and yet, cool. Apparently we have a thread, but no one has mentioned it in this topic yet.

That “Atomic Heart” game looks fascinating. Looks like a topsy turvey post apocalyptic nightmare, just some crazy stuff going on there.

Alistair that would almost be my exact list. I might move AOW planetfall to second level. And replace Dying Light 2 with Outer Worlds.

I keep forgetting about Phoenix Point, but that one is certainly on my radar as well.

The next few months is filling up

28 Feb: Hearts of Iron IV: Man the Guns
1 Mar: Objects in Space
7 Mar: Total War: 3 Kingdoms
22 Mar: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
27 Mar: Generation Zero
4 Apr: Steel Division II
16 Apr: Anno 1800
25 Apr: Imperator Rome

2016 games I still don’t own
Divinity: Original Sin 2
NiER Automota
ELEX
Resident Evil 7

2017 games I still don’t own
Marvel’s Spider Man
Dad of War
Return of the Obra Dinn
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Far Cry 5
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

UPCOMING
Feb 12: Trials Rising
Feb 15: Crackdown 3
Feb 15: Far Cry New Dawn
Feb 15: Metro Exodus
Feb 22: Anthem
Feb 26: Dirt Rally 2.0
Mar 8: Devil May Cry 5
Mar 15: Tom Clancy’s The Division 2
Mar 22: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Mar 27: Generation Zero
April 16: Anno 1800
April 16: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster for Xbox One
April 26: Days Gone
April ?: Super Meat Boy Forever
May 14: Rage 2
May 21: Team Sonic Racing

When did Friday become such a big release date? I never noticed.

I think your years are off. :)

Maybe. I got them off the Quarterlies GOTY voting threads. It’s possible people were voting for those games in the wrong year.