What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2020?

Since we don’t yet have a thread for next year… Lets get started early!

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw
Cyberpunk 2077
Ashen
Subnautica: Below Zero
Dying Light 2
The Sinking City
Industries of Titan
Journey to the Savage Planet
Vampire: Masquerade – Bloodlines 2
Witchfire
GHOSTS OF TSUSHIMA
Last of Us 2
Watch Dogs 3 Legion
Halo
Elden Ring
Final Fantasy VII
Ori 2
Assassin’s Creed Vikings
Silksong
Wasteland 3
Iron Harvest
In the Valley of the Gods :(
Ray’s the Dead
Spelunky 2
The Settlers
Death Stranding

Updated 12/14/19

Also some helpful links!

Diablo 4
Metroid Prime 4 Delayed
Bayonetta 3
Borderlands 3

Lol… is this because they’re not on Steam until next year? ;)

Iunderstoodthatreference.jpg

But I managed to snag it on steam in time :p

As for what mine, Dying Light 2 is very high for me and I doubt it will be out this year.

Correct.

I am wondering how game of the year voting will deal with such a situation later in the year. :)

Yeah unless they toss it in the abyss of fall game releases, 2020 seems much more reasonable.

C’mon man, this is petty, and you’re better than this.

Should probably save that one for the 2025 thread!

I am being optimistic, they did that small video last year to let us know its in the works. It could be a late 2020 release. :)

It will probably release on time. It’s not like they have to build a game engine or do QA.

I wish there was a chance of that, but it was still only in pre-production when that teaser was shown last year. Starfield is supposed to come first and that’s more likely to be a 2020 release.

Genesis Alpha One :)

I have no idea what will be out then. Bayonetta 3 maybe?

Our usual rule is if it came out for a platform in a particular year, people can vote for it. So in 2019 people can vote for it since it’s coming on PC, Xbox and PS4. And in 2020, maybe it won’t be coming out on any new platforms, so it shouldn’t be eligible. After all, we don’t say, Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway came out on GOG this year, therefore it should be eligible for 2019. No, BiA: HH has been out for many many years on PC, just because it wasn’t out until now on a particular storefront, we won’t be making it suddenly eligible for best game of 2019.

DCS F-15E Strike Eagle. Mudhen ftw

Of the games I want most, only The Iron Oath has officially slipped to 2020. But I’ll bet that a lot of the others either will not come out til next January, or at least they will not be truly complete until then. Wizards and Warlords, for example, is supposedly out, and has tons of promise. But it would be absurd to claim it is close to done.

With that I suspect that Epic exclusives won’t attract as many votes as they would’ve otherwise end of year.

I am trying to find a cloud to yell at!

I’m not being snarky when I say that Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw probably leads the 2020 list for me. I’m not trying to reignite that debate here, but that is my strong feeling. Other contenders include Camelot Unchained and Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen (both of which seem likely to slip into 2020, but who knows).

Normally, Starfield/ ESVI would be the unquestioned king of the mountain for me. But F076 moved Bethesda firmly into the “approach with extreme caution” category.

In the event that this is not anti-Epic store snark, it’s already out & quite fine- finished it on Xbox in December

Yeah @Appleseed I am aware. ;)

This looks like it could be interesting: