What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2020?

How dare I!

Wait, wait, wait, you think Blizzard is going to announce Diablo 4 AND release it within a year and 3 months?

I don’t know if that’s optimistic or delusional.

I wrote that in February you bastard!

ES6 is probably 2022.

I think Starfield will be 2022, ES6 probably 2024.

Cyberpunk 2077
Subnautica: Below Zero
Industries of Titan
Journey to the Savage Planet
Phoenix Point
The Outer Worlds
Vampire: Masquerade – Bloodlines 2
Last of Us 2
Wasteland 3
Iron Harvest
The Settlers

and most of all:

KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM 2

Aren’t both of these 2019? Did Outer Worlds get a delay?

I can’t keep up LOL.

Nope, still on for this month.

we’ve got a great batch of amazing games that are out of this world (see what we did there?) coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) this month.

Cyberpunk 2077
Industries of Titan
Per Aspera - admittedly paper thin information so far
Mount and Blade 2 - never played the original but it looks like it would appeal to me
Distant Worlds 2 - maybe 2021?

Mount and Blade 2, I just don’t see a lot I want to get in 2020 right now.
Every other genre I’m set.

Freedom Planet 2 if it actually comes out (gotta support friends and the first game was good)

Not much actually. Cyberpunk mostly but beyond that… Guess now that rebel galaxy outlaw is out, and mechwarrior 5 and DCS F-16 I’m all set. Y’all can go home now, you’re done.

Presumably the new consoles will have cool launch titles, so those.

Nothing.

I have reached peak jaded aloof fool. I will diminish, and go into the west.

In truth I will chip away slowly at my backlog, while probably playing old games I still enjoy. You kids have fun with the crazy new stuff.

Updates to my Feb 3 list:

• Diablo 4 Alpha footage looks bad. Probably not due till 2022 anyway.
  • Metroid Prime 4 Delayed
  • Bayonetta 3 – Hell yea, hope it’s good.
  • Borderlands 3 Turned out to be junk, and was exclusive long enough for EGS customers that it became clear it won’t be worth buying when it unlocks for everybody else on PC.

My new list:

• Ori and the Will of the Wisp – It seems like this has been delayed the last two or three years running. Supposed to actually come out this March, but only time will tell.
  • DOOM Eternal – This wasn’t on my original list because it was due this year, but it has since been delayed till 2020. But after seeing the unending bullshit Fallout 76 has endured, I can’t imagine Bethesda doesn’t find some way to completely fuck this up for ID Software or the players. This has gone from an instant buy to a wait and see.
  • Crusader Kings 3 – I don’t know why I’m drawn to this game since I find CKII to be impenetrable, but I am.
  • Watch Dogs: Legion – The first game was bland garbage, but in a moment of boredom and weakness I ended up buying the second game. And while the second game wouldn’t win any awards in my book, it was a solid enough improvement to the first I’m looking forward to #3. I’m hoping that the third time’s the charm.
  • Gemcraft: Frostborn’s Wrath – Tower Defense game due in January
  • Dysmantle – It’s possible this game might never release. 10tons has been quiet since it was first announced, announcing other projects since then. It’s a survival game of some sort. But I like 10tons games, so if it comes out I will buy it.
  • Peace and Love

Thing I’m looking forward to most in 2020 is Dying Light 2, followed by Watch Dog: Legion. Some wonderful space games will likely come out next year but I’ll be damned if I know which. ;)

• Cyberpunk 2077, obviously…
  • Half-Life: Alyx
  • Dying Light 2
  • Nioh 2
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator (once they add VR)
  • The Last of Us Pt 2
  • Animal Crossing New Horizons
  • Shin Megami Tensei 5 (not confirmed for 2020 but I’m hopeful…)
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (not 100% sold but interested in this turn-based re-imagining of the formula)

A lot of established IP/sequels there!

Granblue Fantasy Versus

Looking forward, what’s on my radar for next year, looking at only the first four months of the year:

January
Journey to the Savage Planet

February
Dreams

March
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Nioh 2
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Doom Eternal (and Doom 64 port!)

April
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Cyberpunk 2077
Predator Hunting Grounds
Gears Tactics

Pretty bare January and February, March is where it gets really interesting, and April is where Cyberpunk takes over everyone’s gaming time for months, potentially, if it’s as good as The Witcher 3, which took over my gaming life from May until September 2015.

Crusader Kings 3.
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw (Switch)
Shadow Empire
Cyberpunk 2077
Distant Worlds 2 (please!)