What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2021?

The first good joke of the year!

Maybe Early Access in 2024.

And a repeat. Check out your original post in this thread.

Those guys have worked over 2 years and all they have is a CGI target render. Maybe make it 2026.

Bannerlord beat the prediction! At least in Early Access.

Looks like I was probably too optimistic with regards to Beyond Good and Evil 2. We’ll see. And Cyberpunk 2077 might beat 2021 by a couple of months. And Final Fantasy 7 Remake cheated by only being the midgard portion of the original game, so I’m not sure if that qualifies as beating the 2021 prediction. And System Shock 3 looks like it’s not going to happen, sadly. I still hope Starfield can make it out in 2021 though.

Distant Worlds 2
Everspace 2

I’ll surely get excited about other releases as the year goes on, and grow my backlog an embarrassing amount, but these two are the only ones I really look forward to.

All the games I can recall in no particular order:

• Nioh 2 PC
  • Persona 5 Strikers
  • Fights in Tight Spaces
  • X4: Cradle of Humanity
  • Trails of Cold Steel IV
  • Nier: Replicant
  • Scarlet Nexus
  • Tales of Arise
  • Hellish Quart
  • Distant Worlds 2
  • Tactical Breach Wizards
  • Impostor Factory
  • Deathloop
  • Atelier Ryza 2
  • Phantom Brigade
  • Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander 2.0
  • Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
  • Shadow Warrior 3

Wow, 2021 is shaping up to be the year of Shovelware.

Distant Worlds 2
Dying Light 2
Starsector maybe?
Star Citizhahahahhahahahaha I can’t do it.

Songs of Conquest

This intrigued me, so I looked for more info.

WHAT TYPE OF GAME IS SONGS OF CONQUEST?
Songs of Conquest is a turn based game where you build a kingdom, raise armies and control powerful magicians called wielders. You’ll quest around for loot, fight monsters, optimize build orders and strategies to pick off the enemy teams. We call it Classic Adventure Strategy, for short.

I’m so in. This looks incredible!

The devs are huge fans of the early HOMM games and that inspired them to form a company and make this game. Also, the soundtrack is pretty amazing. I have high hopes for this one. It should be out first quarter of 2021.

Alright, I’m officially hyped for this one too. Linking the youtube video, just because the song is giving me goosebumps tonight :)

Those are all Indie games. I also had to go to the top of the article to make sure.

WILL THERE BE MULTIPLAYER?
Yes. At least local, to begin with.

That’s okay. I am way behind in games. Maybe by the time I get around to it they will have proper MP.

I’m going to limit my picks for games that are confirmed for 2021.

Definitely:

Psychonauts 2: Probably my top pick. Double Fine’s first decent-sized budget project since Brutal Legend, and like many of Tim Schafer’s projects its undergone a tumultuous development with numerous publishing challenges. I’m hopeful that following Double Fine being bought out by Microsoft Psychonauts 2 has received the support it deserves. I guess this is the first sequel Schafer’s worked on since Monkey 2! Adored the creativity of the original, and knowing Erik Wolpaw was back on board is extremely encouraging.

SMT Nocturne and V: After reading impressions online, I was a little disappointed that Japanese players were underwhelmed with the Nocturne port, but fortunately a lot of the complaints were resolved with recent patches, so I’m very keen to pick this up. I’ve been patiently waiting for SMT V since the first Switch event way back at the start of 2017, and although it’s been confirmed for 2021, concrete details about how it’ll play and even the setup remain rather scarce, so while I’m not fully committed yet I’ll cross my fingers and hope it’ll be awesome!

Shadow Warrior 3: Flying Wild Hog don’t miss!

Wrath: The Quake 1-powered FPS leaves early access in summer and what I’ve experienced in the latest update, which contained a really neat power-up that was a total surprise, was very promising.

Nier Replicant: Just wrapped up Automata, so I suspect I’ll be very on board with Yoko Taro’s next project.

Resident Evil 8: There have been a few misses, sure, but for my money the mainline RE games are the most consistently great series going today. Loved 7 and this setting change looks like it could provide a good scare or two.

The Yakuza Remastered Collection: I want them all and I want them now!

Maybe:

Outriders: I’m a big fan of People Can Fly’s first two FPS shooters, but there have been major changes at the studio since those days. In terms of scale, Outriders represents a big step up for the studio. I hope it’s great, but looter shooters seem to require a strong end-game and really punchy combat. I’ve been spoilt by Remnant. Wait and see on this one.

Mass Effect Trilogy: I might be down to revisit this, but depends entirely on how much effort goes into this remaster. Need more details.

Cyberpunk Update/2.0: Will this bad boy run glitch free for me sometime next year? Here’s hoping!

Cheating/My biggest wish:

BOTW 2 - I wouldn’t mind playing a sequel to my favorite game ever, Nintendo! :)

No @kerzain , these are the games to be excited about!

I’m veey excited about Songs of Conquest, when early access ends in 2024.

I guess this would be my preliminary list, going into 2021:

The Medium
Control
Cyberpunk 2077 Relaunch 2.0
Far Cry 6
Gran Turismo 7
Halo Infinite
Psychonauts 2
12 Minutes
Everspace 2
Scorn

I doubt we’ll be getting Starfield this year. I was going to put Mass Effect, but I’ve already played through it, and if I’m honest with myself, playing through it again a second time isn’t as exciting a prospect.