What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2022?

Well, not soon - looks like it’s early access that drops Q2 which is why, while I’m excited for this one and have been following it awhile now on and off, I’m taking it off my radar for now.

New Developer update. I like that he gives credit to his team by name, even the intern gets a shout out.

Some high profile games are not yet delayed into 2023! Mostly Japanese games, I noticed.

An entirely text-based adventure, Roadwarden goes the way of the MUD (a type of text-based RPG) — minus the online components.

With sepia-colored pixel art, Roadwarden feels like it’s been ripped right out of the late 1970s and early 1980s.

Only ones left for me are Bayonetta 3 and Company of Heroes 3. Maybe Tactics Ogre but I doubt I’ll get to it.

Brewmaster is my #1 at the end of next month. Maybe CoH3 depending how they do the MTX. Probably Harvestella in November.

I was all about Saints Row until Saints Row went and Saints Row’ed all over the floor. Sad about that one.

Ragnarok is pretty much the only one I care about on that list and I only halfway care about that. That said I’m positive there will be several sleeper hits before the end of the year that are interesting and/or fun.

Roadwarden got the rare Essential rating at Eurogamer.

There’s a demo of this out now:

Tldr

Somerville Nov 15
Goat Simulator 3 Nov 17
Pokemon Violet and Scarlett Nov 18
Evil West Nov 22
World of Warcraft: Dragonflight Nov 28
The Callisto Protocol Dec 2
Marvel’s Midnight Suns Dec 2
Dragon’s Quest Treasure Dec 9
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion Dec 13
Blacktail Dec 15

This is getting close now. Nov 22.

Chickenshit list, no Pentiment.

I’m looking forward to Pentiment so much I preinstalled it! I usually never bother with that.

Master of Magic (remake)
Midnight Suns

Solasta has DLC in mid-November as well!

Well, tomorrow.

AND, full controller support, which is awesome!

Oh right! I’d forgotten about that. That’s coming December 13th! I hope they knock it out of the park.

Which one was Solasta? Was that the D&D game from last year?

Oh shit! Nice!

@Rock8man yes indeed!