What have you played in the weekend?

Doom (1993) on PS4. Holds up very well as a fast action FPS. Finding secrets drives me crazy, so I accept the fact, that I can’t find them all and move on. Also -> some enemies are bullet sponges, lol.

Star Wars Fallen Order. I got it on the game pass for XBox One. The heavily scripted start of the game annoyed me very much. Thank you, game. They should have opened it with the 1st planet, full player control. And introduce the character and the story later. I fixed the controls by rebinding. Attack is of course R1, force attack R2, feels correct now ;)

Wolfenstein New Order. Same story here, heavily scripted in the beginning. I hate it when a game takes control away. It just does not feel good. Hate it.

Bard’s Tale remastered. Some study for a dungeon crawler project. I was looking where to buy it cheap, when I checked Steam I noticed that I already own the remastered trilogy. I don’t know when and why I bought it. Maybe part of a bundle. I can’t remember, I have this condition, did I tell you about it?

Nope, I don’t have a VR setup. Some users have been running into issues, but the dev is hammering those out for the first patch coming up soon.

So you don’t have to fiddle with menus and inventory and stuff too much? That was my main concern from playing the fiddly tutorials in the demo.

I don’t know how mothers play, but I only bother with that stuff if I have to fight a boss for the second+ time (and there are quite a few bosses, I think I’ve fought 9 out of 25+). Other than that there hasn’t been a need for me to mess with much besides swapping out one resist skill for another on fire maps or something. But since I doubt I’m halfway through the game this could all change any time.

There is a bunch of menu diving for unlocking skills or upgrading equipment, but that mostly happens at the home base.

Much MSFS 2020. VFR flights as the fancy takes me. I might be stuffed in my condo as the world collapses around us, but I can still see the world.

Playing Zorbus, poorly

So is this a big game with mothers? From what I have seen it would be more popular with fathers. :)

I purchased Prey at the recent Steam sale and I can’t figure out if I’m disliking it because of the implementation of first person or its because I have the “olds”. I seem to just swing wildly at the mimics instead of aiming properly. Will keep trying, hoping that my aim improves.

I finally bought and started Ghost of Tsushima and promptly got stuck in a silly place–where you go to see the Sensei early on, but are shown his dojo on the hill first, and I thought I was stuck in photo mode but it turned out Jin’s gaze was trained elsewhere and one had to point it at the building to recognize it before it would let you continue.
Also have been playing a ton of XCOM 2 WotC, with turn timers doubled and Avatar Project speed halved, just to avoid frustration. It does seem to make it a bit too easy on normal but right now that’s about my speed.

Company of Heroes

Great choice. I replayed the campaign of that one a few months ago but got stuck at the same point I had before: the mission where you have to hold the top of a hill. I just couldn’t seem to beat it, what with mortar strikes coming in right and left. I think it comes right after the one where you have to take the same hill. I know there’s got to be a way to do it but it probably requires better/quicker micro than I can possibly achieve at my age, even with giving orders while paused.

Should be a pretty good weekend. For Space Game Junkie, I’ll be recording video of Pandora Galaxy. For myself, definitely more Bloody Rally Show, as well as playing the new season in Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr. Also likely gonna buy Capitalism Lab after learning of its existence and dive into that. Should be a good weekend!

Cyberpunk 2077, mostly, I expect. With (maybe) a bit of Immortals: Fenyx Rising and American Truck Simulator on the side.

Cyberpunk 2077 because well, duh.
American Truck Simulator currently my fav in VR. Note: once you play this game in VR, the pancake style becomes impossible to enjoy. Not exaggerating.

And probably some rando stuff none of you lot care about.

We care about you, scharmers, and by extension we care about the things that make you happy.

So please enjoy the weekend, will you? All of it, random or not. Do that for you! For us.

I’ll be reading the Cyberpunk 2077 threads at Qt3.

Cyberpunk 2077
Per Aspera
Deep Rock Galactic
AC Valhalla

I have almost a quarter of a dozen hours of free time this weekend! I am sure I will get far in all of them. :P

I started Deliver Us the Moon (Game Pass) a couple nights ago, and it’s an excellent engineer-‘em-up puzzle adventure game. Can’t wait to finish it and uncover the mystery of this ol’ abandoned moonbase.

It looks like nobody played the new Star Wars game. Is there a reason for that?