What have you played in the weekend?

Back into EDF 5 and Generation Zero. Gen Zero got a big update recently which among other things allows respeccing and removed the level cap.

I love EDF 5, and got addicted back to it a few weeks ago, but had to stop being of the pain to the trigger fingers!

Trying to play Squad, which I picked up in the Steam Summer Sale, but the servers that have sub-100 pings are usually full, or when I get a slot, the squad leader is afk standing in the motor pool while the rest of the squad is scattered over all creation. Sigh.

Final Fantasy XIV had a free login campaign, as well as recently adding local servers, which prompted me to sub for another month. And of course start a new character on a new world… :)

I was also playing some Phoenix Point, and Conquest of Elysium 5.

Need a palate cleanser from Elden Ring for a while (after getting to level 70, I’ll be back but just need a break).

Any suggestions?

Resident Evil Revelations 2.
less than a dollar for the episode 1 (which is plenty of content already) on Steam to know if it’s your thing. Funny monsters, great sound effects and gunplay, overall silliness! It’s good.

Played a bit of Cuphead with my kid, and a bit of Gordian Quest for myself yesterday. Will play some FF XIV today, probably.

As anyone who visited its thread knows, Enderal has been occupying my weekends including this one for the past month. 120 hours and still going strong and still not bored :)

Successfully ended the world. Interesting game, but still in early access.

Reminds me of That Which Sleeps.

I’ve gotten back into Control. I’ll finish it one day.

It’s a pretty short game, you can do it!

Giving Elden Ring another break - at over 140 hours, it’s the most played game I’ve played since Skyrim.

Started playing Resident Evil 2 again since it was recently upgraded for Xbox and started a new game since I had no idea where I left off. I love this remake, but I have to be in a certain mood to play it since it makes me tense. I said tense not scared. No, I’m not scared!!! I’m not!

Also started playing AC: Origins, again because of the X/S upgrade. 60 FPS does so much for these AC games what with all the climbing and running one does. I can play these longer now without motion sickness. Really can’t wait for them to upgrade Black Flag so I can give it a go, or Syndicate so I can go back to it and finish it.

Played a little bit of Technomancer which I picked up long ago. Some cool gameplay stuff and it looks pretty good, but man does combat movement feel so clunky. Kind of feels like a first gen Playstation title in that respect. Not sure I want to keep playing. Same issue with Greedfall. If this developer could improve this alone, they’d probably have a hit since everything else is not bad (though I guess Greedfall sold well if it has a sequel coming up).

It was made by a disappointed fan of that project, apparently!

Haha, I’m so hoping there is a thread on some forum somewhere with someone saying to that dude “if you’re not happy about the game, make your own!”.

Honestly, I thought that might be the case…

I finally finished all the main missions in Control and DLC! I’ve been playing since around March, with a few multi-week breaks due to travel for work/fun. I really enjoyed the aesthetic, narrative design, etc, even if the story itself was a bit too far out there for me at times - I wasn’t reading every single bit of lore in notes. The powers and service weapons were a lot of fun to master; I think there were only 1-2 boss matches that took up to 3 tries, which is pretty reasonable balance IMO. I did skip one of the side missions that I read was near impossible after I myself was one-shot killed a few too many times.

Now to decide what story-driven game to pursue next in my backlog… thinking either Banner Saga 3 (I believe its quite short, and liked the first two) or the Outer Wilds (longer, extremely well reviewed). Edit: maybe SupraLand in that mix - got an hour into it before Control and went with the latter.

Edit: and going to do a palate cleanser of Urbek city building for a bit before either of those next options.

This weekend, in addition to power washing a tree house, I started playing the original Deus Ex (one of my all-time favorite games) using the GMDX mod. The mod enhances the graphics (and lets you select modern resolutions), expands the skill tree a bit, and adds various other QoL features, all without changing the core game too drastically. I usually go stealth/mini crossbow but maybe I’ll switch it up this time and go GEP gun/demolition.

Also, is DX the only game where you get busted for going into the ladies restroom? :)

This weekend was mostly about Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak. I also played a bit of FF XIV (I’m about to start Endwalker, finally!) and WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate Definitive Edition, and even took a few minutes to try a few other games in my backlog. Good times.

XCOM 2 WotC has called me back after a long hiatus. Finally killed the Hunter, so now the Warlock is the only Chosen left.