What have you played in the weekend?

Are the end-of-year sales going to hit this weekend? (Well, GoG is already having theirs, everyone else is joining them?)

Fanatical has had a winter sale going on a few days now, Steam Winter sale starts tomorrow, I think GMG will have one soon also.

Steam’s Winter sale begins Dec 21 I believe.

I’m thinking it’ll be pretty similar to last weekend for me…

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Etrian Odyssey V

Plus maybe some Zombasite

Because New Year’s week end shouldn’t be an exception.

I’ll be playing Night in the Woods — which I have no idea what to think about, what kind of gift is that?! — and Dominions 5, which has been eating my soul ferociously and quietly the past few weeks.
And I am jumping back into Race for the Galaxy on the tablet. I am slowly getting acquainted with the cards, finally. But why no card gallery to ease that process, still :(

I’m playing L.A. Noire and I liiiiike it

Aven Colony, Hollow Knight, and some Antihero.

Nex Machina and Grim Dawn. And some of the courtroom level in Wolfenstein 2, as usual.

I am still working on Fallout 4, and I know who has my son now. But, I think I am going to take some time and explore a little more before I continue tracking him down. I am a crappy father.

Still doing Xenoblade Chronicles 2! Maybe I’ll cool down a bit this weekend, play some of this new sale stuff I’ve picked up. Maybe.

I finally got the Morrowind expansion, so probably plenty of Elder Scrolls Online. And then finally getting started with Divinity: OS 2. Punctuated by some New Year’s drinking.

Probably a mix of Zelda Twilight Princess, Final Fantasy 6, and SNES classic games

Shadowhand, Dom 5, and Starpoint Gemini Warlords.

Game Buying Simulator 2018
Game Downloading Simulator 2018
Game Patching Simulator 2018
Game Configuring Simulator 2018

Horizon Zero Dawn and probably some Everybody’s Golf + Regency Solitaire

This is $10 at Redbox kiosks near me. Is it worth playing? My favorite golf game was Outlaw Golf on the original Xbox. I loved the control scheme so much, and then to my delight, the Tiger Woods series straight up copied that same control scheme from then on. So I enjoyed those games from time to time too, though I didn’t play every year’s iteration.

I haven’t played a ton, but I like it. It uses the 3 click system. You can also put some backspin / hook / draw on the ball by pressing the directional buttons during your swing. You level up you clubs by making good shots with them. So far it has been fairly easy to win my tournaments vs the AI, but as I said I’m early on. I paid $20 for it and I’m happy I bought it so far.

It is also very colorful and attractive, although the npcs (I guess you can call them that) can get a little annoying with their dialog while on the ‘world area’ between matches.

Ah nevermind. That sounds good, but I hate the 3 click system. It tends to be very accurate, but not fun (for me).

Guild Wars 2 (because of course), Nioh, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, and maybe Star Ocean (4): The Last Hope HD.

Prey

Dragonfire board game