What have you played in the weekend?

I got both Starglider 1 and 2 working, both DOS and Amiga, and wow those are tough.

Though they are quite different games one being about flight and the other being tank combat, when I think of starglider and its wireframe shooty goodness I can’t help but also think of Stellar 7.

The remake of it they did in 1991 for DOS was, well, stellar. If you never played it you should definitely put it on your list of classic games to try.

Endless Space 2 - I’ve finished one game, a ponderous scientific victory, maybe the 2nd game will go more efficiently.

Aven Colony

Boardgames

Learning the Viggen - which is a bunch of fun. Also playing the F-15 aggressor campaign. Haven’t even touched the Hornet yet! The problem with DCS is time - it stresses your mortality :) I have flown the Sabre only a couple of times and have not touched the MiG-15 yet. Definitely like the idea of the Museum relic campaign! I am trying to get flying time in every weekend - but there still seems to be an endless amount to learn.

And then we will have time pilot. Sigh. If only time pilot could take me back in time to when I was younger and more idle!!!

Starglider 2 - now that game was something I CRAVED. We only had a pokey games shop where I lived, and the titles we got were spotty at best. The closest I got to Starglider 2 was drooling over the solid 3D graphics while reading reviews in magazines. I was desperate to play it but never did. I also dimly recall that the game was supposedly smoother on the Atari ST. The Amiga was a work of engineering art with all its custom chips but its Motorola 68000 CPU was “only” clocked at 7MHz - while the ST’s was at 8MHz! Back in the day the Amiga was better in every way - better graphics, sound, etc. But we poor chaps who scored second best with the ST could only crow about our CPU clock speed. :)

Hah, to be honest I’m only toying with the Amiga versions because they were specifically requested. I would have stuck with DOS if I’d had my way.

Apology accepted, Captain Needa!

The plan was to play ESO but that got all destroyed by bot being able to purchase the game after the timed trial… so while waiting to be able to call support tomorrow, I’ve started and finished Heavy Rain, played the prequel chapter to coming Life is Strange 2, The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, and am currently playing Bioshock Infinite for the first time.
Might dip into Skyrim if i get bored with Bioshock.

Diablo 2 of all things.

Yakuza 0. As much as I possibly can.

If I have any time left, I might try playing a bit of No Man’s Sky. Or Monster Hunter World. Or UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st]. Or 7 Billion Humans. Or something else.

But most likely Yakuza 0. Sooooo good.

Fortnite as usual but also some SNES/Game Boy games. I recently got a Super Game Boy 2 from Japan so I’m going to pick up Donkey Kong '94 this weekend along with a couple other GB games to play on that via the Super Nt. The recent eBay coupon netted me a lot of good SNES stuff to play including Hagane, The Great Battle games II through IV, King of Dragons and Aladdin. Really enjoying revisiting the greatest era of gaming IMO… 16-bit.

@Mike_Cathcart wants to play some Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on Switch so that might happen too.

Still on break from beating The Witcher 3 before jumping into the expansions, so I’m the meantime I’m trying out Train Sim World on Xbox and I’m really digging it.

I love how slow paced it is. I did one scenario where I wa supposed to take over a route because it’s driver couldn’t be there, and I had to get to the engine and then wait 15 minutes before leaving, and it was 15 actual, real-time minutes! I was kind of blown away that a game would do this, but I liked how the game impresses keeping to schedule in these kind of ways.

I got strangely back into XCOM 2 again, so I may keep playing that for now and see how much further I get on this second WOTC play through.

I also installed Skyrim Special Edition and am enjoying that all over again. I thought ESO would be fun, but playing Skyrim I’m reminded that I just prefer that single player, non-MMO “feel” and will see how far I get in that.

Also, Dead Cells on and off to make steady progress and when I want to kill 20-30 minutes at a time.

Stop getting my hopes up! It’s not out until Tuesday :(

But yeah I’ll be playing a lot of the 3DS version of Monster Hunter Generations this weekend so I can transfer my save over to the Switch next week.

Also a bit of Destiny 2 because I have to earn my T shirt.

And maybe some Endless Legend. Just picked that up recently and it’s been a while since I’ve played a 4X game.

Haven’t been really engaged in playing anything lately - although I did play through The Shivah the other night - but I started up Eschalon: Book Three which is clicking nicely so far with me.

Give it a chance. It is not a very long game. If you have played the previous Bioshock’s I think you should enjoy it.

I have been playing Far Cry 2. I am 69% complete, according to the game. I am having a love/hate relationship with it.

Last night I created a new character for a Dark Souls 3 run. I bought the DLC in the last sale (okay, they weren’t on sale, as they never go on sale, but I got a Steam gift card for Fathers Day), so I want to give them a try.

I haven’t touched anything other than Warframe for 3 weeks…

I’ve dabbled a bit in Monster Hunter World and Dead Cells, and am impressed with both, but still keep coming back to Nioh.

For myself, after I went into enough alternate realities where the good guys were now the bad guys, and the bad guys were the good guys, and then the bad guys were also bad guys, I just lost motivation because I just didn’t see the point of it all.