What have you played in the weekend?

I think it’s going to be an all Ubi weekend for me - need to keep cranking on my grind to 30 in Division 2, but I think I’m also ready to jump into AC: Origins. What the heck, amirite?

Grim Dawn. 600 hours and going strong lol.

Pendragon: Fall of Roman Britain, and probably some Europa Universalis IV where my Scotland game is off to an okay start. Possibly some Anthem if time permits.

Watching the Borderlands 3 announcement trailer made me want to fire up BL2 again (never got very far in it at all, just remember finally making it inside the first city walls finally). Anyone feel like co-op play this weekend with a low level character (pref. late morning SATURDAY [not tomorrow]*, PDT)?

*For some reason this whole week has felt like it should be one day later for me. Can’t figure out why.

Play some more Mass Effect Andromeda - I’m a bit more than halfway through the main plot I think. I’m focusing on that, with some companion missions and other missions that I conveniently run into.

I’m probably going to play trade in Red Dead Redemption 2 to Amazon because i don’t think I’m going back to it.

I haven’t played a strategy game in a while because my focus has been on ME Endromeda, but I’m kinda itching for one. I still haven’t tried Aggressors Ancient Rome even though I’ve owned it for months. I’ve been saying I’m going to play Age of Wonders 3 again, but still haven’t. I have a bunch of digital board games I’ve dabbled in but haven’t dove in. Factorio is in the wings, along with Railway Empires: Mexico…Mutant Year Zero, Battletech, etc… My head hurts

Which platform? PC?

PUBG has a new survival pass, so I’ll be grinding some challenges there. Then I need to try out some more Firestorm to see if I’m missing something (so far it’s been pretty meh), and preferably with a squad since that’s my favorite BR mode. There’s also some more grinding needed to be done in The Division 2, and finally, I’ll go back in time with Diablo and Warcraft II from GOG.

Indeed, on PC. But aren’t you in Europe or something?

I’m in Brazil, but Saturday noon PST is around 4 PM here, so it’s viable for me, I suppose.

Ah cool-- I knew you were Portuguese-speaking but I’d forgotten you were in (from?) Brazil. I’m Papagenox on Steam-- is your ID in your profile here?

rhamorim, but I sent you a friend invite already. Downloading Borderlands 2 now. ;)

You know, I never beat Borderlands 1 or 2.

I tried out the 8BitDo controller. It seems nice aside from being a bit small and light compared to what I’m used to. I also have to get used to the different size buttons. Jump on a big button and attack on a small button is kind of weird. The 90s were a different time.

They also pack a tiny USB cable in there so I’ll need to scrounge another one to use it on my PC.

What are you playing with the buttons configured that way? PC games?

Most Genesis games had all the major buttons on the ABC and XYZ was used sparingly. The six button only shipped when Street Fighter II: Special Championship Edition was released. Not too many games took full advantage of it.

Of course!

La-Mulana 2 has the modern standard A to jump and X to attack. I could try changing it to the old school style to use two of the bottom buttons.

Or just leave it. It should be easy to get used to.

Ah… ok. I mean, modern games allow you to change it so you could! Did you try my hand position yet? That would actually be better if you did change the buttons, though.

Sekiro! Then probably more Sekiro? Plus I’m still playing RDR2 because every time I think I’m gonna make some story progress in that game I end up hunting for 2 hours. So maybe I’ll make some story progress in that game.

BTW, checked Borderlands 2 yesterday. Main character is a lvl 31 Siren, but I have a lvl 15 Mechromancer and a lvl 11 Gunzerger and Assassin, if that would be better. I guess I could also create a lvl 1 Commando if you want…

With only Apex and Sekiro there’s just no relief. So I’m considering Tropico 6 (which got some very good reviews) or Operencia. I’m very much looking forward to Anno 1800… but Tropico 6 might fit in. Operencia on the other hand would only be justified because it’s turn based combat - for I have not finished Vaporum yet, an outstanding real time crawler. (Wait, wasn’t there a new option to go turn based as well? Remembering just now… that thread helps!)

More Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey, but I’m also going to play Darkside Detective - I did a couple cases last night, and I am pleased.