What have you played in the weekend?

Hell yeah, it would. Brofist! I’m just wrapping up another play through myself.

And some Age of Wonders: Planetfall, because you know it’s there, waiting.

image https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/T8KNgL2ttAUk9hWDJFSX4f-320-80.jpg

The graphics!

The sounds!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6c/75/a3/6c75a397391b9088bb4c5019e1d41297.jpg

The time with my son!

Sweet! For some reason I never think of replaying the Mass Effect games - I think because they are on Origin and I don’t always have that installed? But N7 day reminded me I should revisit, so I’m glad at least for one person I know it holds up!

I’ve been wanting to get back to this for a while now, it was great at launch and just got better with updates, but at this point, it seems silly to dive back in before the massive QoL overhaul patch and expansion come out next week.

Thanks Scott!

I think Red Dead Redemption 2 PC, and Final Fantasy XIV online.

Switch time with the kids in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Mario Kart 8.

And on the table, progress my expedition in Aeon’s End: The New Age.

More Borderlands 3. I finished the story mode and I’m up to 80+ hours in the game. Probably my personal GOTY. I’m also a few hours into Borderlands 2 VR, and enjoying the hell out of the game all over again.

I continue to fly Wings Over Flanders Fields PE. Overhead wing-mounted Lewis guns are, like, bogus. But boy do Nieuport 10s just eat E1’s. Not looking forward to the arrival of the Albs.

Probably some Borderlands 3 too

Hmmmm… I can get Outer Worlds or RDR2. Any suggestions?

Do you want to play a slow-paced cowboy sim with archaic mission design? Or a middling RPG shooter with far too much loot? :)

Well, let’s see. Outer Worlds is pretty good! I’ve been playing it, it’s kind of slow going for me. But I like it ok. On the other hand, RDR2 is probably the best game ever made. So … I don’t know man. Toss up.

Pretty wide reports that RDR2 is completely broken on PC, so I don’t think I’d go that route.

Yeah, sounds like RDR2 might need a little more time in the oven - pick up the Steam version next month instead, should have the kinks worked out by then.

I’m enjoying The Outer Worlds - it’s like Mass Effect-lite with some Fallout and Greedfall thrown in for good measure, though the scope of the game (in terms of RPG mechanics, such as skill points and perks) is a bit more shallow than I’d have liked. I think overall I’m really happy to be playing it though, but I’ll be okay when I’m done and can move onto something new (I’m about 21 hours in).

Thanks all, sorry for the threadjack. Sounds like OW for me.

It’s working fine for many people. But yeah I guess it’s a risk!

If you are on PC and looking for other options, I recommend Disco Elysium. It’s just a gob-smacking good game, so much fun to lose yourself in that world and those characters.

I mean, if I were buying a new game this weekend, Disco Elysium would be it.

Soul Calibur 6 Doing another local event. Making a lot of friends in that community
also Gremlins Inc.

Boardgames:

Terminator Genysis: Rise of the Resistance
Marvel Champion LCG
Empire of the sun…UH, try and learn it…no playing yet.

Video games:

Outer Worlds
Streets of Rogue

I’m having a lot of fun with this game so I figure I’ll keep doing that this weekend.

HOWEVER! This here game will probably get most of my time and attention because it’s simply astonishing to behold every-fucking-where you look. For example, a scenic vista. Or Pearson butchering a rabbit.

I only played about 15 hours on PS4 so, for now, I’m having fun revisiting the early missions with even better graphics. Rockstar games always feel more at home on the PC.