What have you played in the weekend?

You play that with a controller or a HOTAS?

M/KB but 8 might try it with gamepad over steamlink.

MK and it works fine.

Ohhhhhh excellent choice.

I played a ton of il2 sturmovik. Buried in my simpit, the drone of a powerful engine and the cold wastes of Russia stretching out before me.

Then dots in the distance! Nazis! We climb, take positions. The engine drone intensifies as I shove the throttle just short of emergency power. Suddenly evil shapes of messerschmitts pass in a flash. I rack the plane around in a climbing turn, straining to keep a view of them over my shoulder. Let’s dance!

Mere minutes later the steppe is strewn with wreckage, pillars of black smoke marking the graves of now anonymous machines and men. I lead the surviving members of my flight back on a long quiet flight home among white clouds over a white winter scape.

Once more the line was held against the fascist invaders, za rodina!

Busy weekend ahead! For Space Game Junkie, I’ll be recording:

I’ll be streaming:

For myself, of course more of this:

I’ve found my way back into this, so I’ll be scanning down some wormholes:

Should be a great weekend!

I foresee a lot of Grim Dawn. I’ll probably play a bit of Brawlhalla with my kid, and if weather isn’t too hot I might play Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and maybe something else. We’ll see.

EDIT: forgot to mention X4: Foundations!!! Chances are I’ll play that one more than even MHW:I this weekend.

Going to be playing a bit of OOTP 21 for my baseball fix. Also Ancient Enemy since it’s clicking with me.

Old World discussion has put me in the mood for some Civ 4.

Lots more Mindustry, first and foremost. Best $6 game ever.

A little bit of Nier: Automata. Maybe a lot of Factorio. Definitely some Beat Saber and Pistol Whip workouts.

Also some major boardgaming:

• Root, Aeon’s End: Legacy, and Pandemic: Legacy physically with my kids
  • John Company & Pax Pamir over forum/Discord
  • Apocrypha solo
  • Potentially some TTS action with my brother-in-law and/or a friend

Deja vu again. XCOM 2: WOTC.

Victor Vran on the Switch - was enjoying it on the Xbox but played infrequently; played it for a few days straight on Switch and made some progress so will play some more this weekend.

Started Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - what a great looking game! But I was surprised at the performance on my Xbox One X even in Performance mode with the frame rate drops in certain areas. It was a lot worse with Performance mode off, but still, not a huge improvement with it on. Surprised that so late in this gen’s lifespan and with the better hardware of the X, that a game would have these issues. I imagine must be total crap on the standard Xbox.

Also hope to play:

Octopath Traveler
AC: Odyssey
Nier: Automata

You just reminded me I got XCOM 2 at release and still haven’t played it! Hmm…

How does this kind of thing happen? Explain yourself!

Hm, it occurs to me that I also have an unplayed copy of XCOM 2. I believe I can articulate why I haven’t played it yet - I think the combination of what sounds like fairly strict time limits on deployment of troops and development of technology, paired with (again) what sounds like a fairly optimal path for approaching missions gives me the impression you can get into a ‘walking dead’ situation, or an unwinnable game, based on choices you’ve made earlier in that game. That would feel like a waste of time to me, so I’ve just backburnered XCOM 2 for the time being.

Serious question @divedivedive - When you say that would be a waste of time, does this mean you play games to win them? Because I dont think I have completed more than a very low …single digit percentage of any of my 700 steam games by now. I mostly play them for the experience, see something shiny over the hill, and grab that instead.

Same here - read something about time limits in the reviews and how much more difficult it was compared to first game so was in no rush to play it.

Also, perpetual backlog.

I guess I do, yeah. I’m assuming XCOM 2 works like the first game (which I did play) in that there’s a campaign with a beginning, middle and end. I’d like to see that through, so yeah, I would play XCOM 2 to win.