What have you played in the weekend?

Yes, inserter arms are great to leave behind

I spent my time playing:

Which is really a 3d version of stardew valley.

Portia’s great, but the Stardew comparison is underselling it IMO. Building is so much better than farming if you ask me, though maybe I’ve just played too many farming games.

Anyway, I played Portia obsessively for a couple of months over last summer. Highly recommended!

Pkanetfall for sure.

Slay the spire quite probably.

D:OS2, Alder’s Blood and AoW3 (forum pbem game) possible.

Cool! I just got this when it was on sale recently, I’m looking forward to it.

It was all XCOM Chimera Squad for me. As a result I only got a bit over 3000 steps yesterday vs. my normal 7000 or so.

I ended up spending most of my weekend with Grim Dawn. When I get drawn in, damn it’s hard to escape its gravitational pull.

I realized last night as I was looking through my installed games that a) I still had The Witcher 3 installed and b) while I did complete the main game, I had not yet played either of the two expansions. Probably time to give those a shot.

Age of Wonders: Planetfall – Tyrannosaurus Update (Xbox One)

With the new expansion due in less than a month, I have been consuming vast quantities of Wonder these last couple weeks and that’s not going to change this weekend. I’ve been focusing on race/tech combinations I haven’t played before, and I think my biggest challenge so far are the Kir’ko (bug people) Celestians (holy cult). This is a game that just keeps on giving.

165_copy_387x458
X-COM: Chimera (Steam)

This is a game about sexual tension between humans and non-humans. There’s also some tactical positioning and shooting. But the most memorable parts are witnessing hapless, chatty humans trying to fornicate with monsters.

/r/dontputyourdickinthat

Trying out 1889: The History of Shikoku Railways on www.18xx.games - a really slick website implementation.

Mindustry - definitely a more compelling gameplay loop for my current state of mind than Factorio (which I will make it back to, eventually).

Now that I have a gaming PC for the first time in … 15 years? … I’m catching up when I can grab a little time. Will probably spend some time with The Return of Obra Dinn, which is interesting and has just great sound editing and music … and I might try Fallout 76, with all the recent fuss about its rebirth. I tried New Vegas since I never was able to play and … just can’t spend any more time in the drab countryside, no offense, I am sure everyone is right that it’s the best thing ever!!

Boo, I am not Tim.

Anyhow, neat! Seems they only have the one game though.

They’re going to add 18Chesapeke next, though. I hope they get more games, it is really the web-implementation I thought someone would have made already :)

Umm, Rage 2 it would seem.

Jurassic World since it was in the Humble Bundle choise thingy.

Seems I’m back into Grim Dawn for now…

Also planning to play The Elder Scrolls Online, and feel I should be playing Gears Tactics and Chimera Squad.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, SnowRunner, and X4: Foundations are my plan. It’s entirely possible I might play something else, though.

And I’ll probably spend some quality time programming with Elixir and Phoenix. Fun fun.

This is going to be a busy weekend, but just maybe I’ll get to play more XCOM Chimera Squad OR start a new game of XCOM 2 starting with the prequel missions from the Tactical Legacy Pack.