What have you played in the weekend?

The current hotness for me is Valheim and Loop Hero, and still slowly moving through Nioh 2 too.

But yesterday I saw Torchlight 3 was 50% off, then saw it was sneakily releasing on Game Pass PC soon, so played a bunch of Chronicon instead. :)

Also playing through Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion on the table.

I beat Faery Tale Adventure (not 100% clean, alas) and am now casting about a bit. Dipped into Disco Elysium, liked it, then it crashed on save and I have to start all over again. Also nibbling around Eye of the Beholder and Betrayal at Krondor. My next big retro RPG is meant to be Martian Dreams so I can “unlock” Ultima VII, but I’m not sure I’m quite ready to dive into it yet.

Loop Hero for me.

I’d say the same thing. Rationally, it has some things I wish were otherwise, but I notice I keep going back to it. :)

For me there are two things

Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battles. I’m about halfway through. It isn’t super hard, and it is in some ways less deep than Xcom, but it has an emphasis on movement, and easily discrete actions that makes it an enjoyable play. There is no missing 95% shots, because there are only 3 steps. There is 100% hit, 50% to hit (partial cover) or 0% hit (full cover). So there is a clear cause and effect. Randomness is minimal, except for crit chance. This combines with the high mobility gameplay gives it a unique and fun system.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate online. I have ventured into online play. Getting online and it has been a lot of fun. Sometimes it just chokes, my last match was so laggy it was unplayable, but it mostly works. I am holding my own well enough, but I’m also not playing the ‘competitive’ mode. I prefer free for all 4 player items games. Every now and again I get a match that clearly is someone way better than me, but most games I feel wining is possible. Even done a few event tournaments and acquired myself ok. I’m not going to be attending any real word tournaments or anything, but I can get online and have a good time.

I played a lot of Gnosia on the Switch. It’s a really engaging single-player social deduction game, presented in a visual novel style like a Danganronpa or Zero Escape. If you’re intrigued, I wrote more here.

But now… Monster Hunter Rise is out so I’m slowly swimming deeper into that. It’s been all about the Switch lately!

Magic Legends. Finally.

Nioh 2 and Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children, mostly, so far.

I was really excited to play

and loaded it up this weekend.

It was NOT what i was expecting. It has leveling up your squad but you dont choose new stats that i see, the powers you get a based on your class which is based on the weapons you have in stock. You can have 1 power carry over to another class if you are high enough level. Otherwise thats it to leveling up your team

No map, no mini map, and not a great or compelling story, giving it a few more hours but right now, my advise so far is save your money…

I aint played jack shit this weekend. Between housekeeping chores and the little spring party I threw for my company, I had neither time nor energy to fire up any games or sims.

Explorminate say much the same thing.

This game looks like Mordheim but a bit different, which is no bad thing.

Oh for the days when I had the time and space to just play games lol. I’d love to go through this…

Lots of Northgard, changing between story missions and conquest.
Manifold Garden for relaxation
Gods will Fall - I love this little roguelike.

Urtuk, very enjoyable despite some prominent ungreat bits.

Finished a first playthrough on Hitman 2. First level or two on Hitman 3. Early on I would try to finish as many stories and challenges per level as I could before progressing, but am now playing levels once blind and moving on, to return later to get those challenges. This series is so damn good.

That’s a shame. I’ve had that on my wishlist for a while now.

I’ve been playing Generation Zero with my brother. I thought it was kinda dull in single player but it’s really fun with two of us. Great fights, mostly good graphics and big world to explore. Love it.

Battletech with the Battletech Advanced 3062 mod, and Monster Train with the new Last Divinity DLC.

Not much gaming so far this weekend. On Friday afternoon I finished up Shadowrun Returns. Time to find my next CRPG!

Been having fun with ROUNDS on Steam

By the developers of Stick Fight. It’s a 1v1 platformer/shooter like soldat or worms rumble. The trick is it has some interesting deckbuilding and comeback mechanics that lead to hilariously overpowered results. Every time you lose a round, you get to draw a card that gives you buffs like 12 more bullets that fire simultaneously in your clip, or faster bullet speed so you have longer range, or bullets that fire through walls, or homing missiles, etc.

The real key is understanding the synergies and building something extremely powerful as you go through the match. For example, a homing missile is a fun card, but couple that with 12 extra bullets in your clip that all fire at once and you’ve got a swarm of homing missiles.

Currently 561 people playing, which makes me happy as I’ve seen so many promising multiplayer games that were either dead or on life support at launch.

Trials of fire. It’s brilliant!

Monster Hunter.
I also played a bit of The Procession to Cavalry, which is my stuff and not my stuff at once.

I played Sword and Sorcery Immortal Souls (board game), and some Monster Train.