What have you played in the weekend?

Dinking around with Ultima 3 mostly. I discovered it’s possible to solo the final castle (party of 1) which makes me wonder if I have the patience to try a solo run of the whole game.

Wow, all this time I thought the locution was dicking around. How embarrassing.

Games played this weekend:

• 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
  • Trials of Fire
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 (the Iberia DLC just came out and there’s an event going)
  • No Man’s Sky
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (Trails of Cold Steel IV just came out and I want to play it, but I have to play all the previous games first, so…)

It was a good weekend. ;)

I’d recommend starting with Sky, but then you’d be playing Falcom RPGs for six months to a year.

For older folks in particular, I think Sky is better than Cold Steel, as Cold Steel was clearly designed for more millenial tastes. Personally, I"m waiting for Crossbell games before I dive back in.

I’d be suprised rhamorim didn’t finish the Sky games twice already.

The Binding of Isaac: Repentance. The new DLC has not made me a better player. I still suck, and still keep playing.

I played more Microsoft Flight Simulator. It’s so much bigger than Skyrim. It’s bigger than Just Cause games. It’s bigger than Fuel! I’ll be exploring this world for the rest of my life, or until I lose the enthusiasm to explore the world I guess.

Meanwhile, I played Subdivision Infinity DX which is a really stupid name for a nice little arcade space sim. It’s pretty fun so far. Lots of flying in colorful space full of space stations, asteroids, shooting a machine gun that manually reloads slowly while you shoot drones and ships and mines and jammers.

Already played Sky and SC. I haven’t played the Third yet, however. But I guess I want to see Erebonia a little before I consider going back to Liberl. ;)

I don’t have that kind of time. These games are HUGE. ;)

You’re such a disappointment!

Yours truly, still in chapter 1 of SC, 13 years later.

The first hours of SC are brutal. I died SO much.

I’ve been playing the excellent Trials of Fire, winning the Trials of Fire and Combat Run and losing the Water Gem campaign. I love the combat in this game. Having a team of three vs one to six enemies endures it doesn’t drag.

Also playing solo OOTP Baseball getting my 1978 Yankees to the World Series.

I managed to squeeze in more of the spiffed up OG Xbox version of Prince of Persia: TSoT on my Series X (but quit in the menagerie where I couldn’t figure out what I was supposed to do next-- I’ll have to check a video), and some more of the excellent Space Crew which is more than just a reskin of Bomber Crew.

Regarding Space Crew, has anyone played it much? I found a Phasmid Beacon in it that I’m supposed to hack but can’t figure out how to.

Si I wrapped up the Donkey Kong campaign for Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle. Definitely a worthwhile follow on from the main game.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate online matches. This is becoming a semi regular part of my nightly routine. Go in and play 3-6 matches online, and try and actually work on different characters. Due to who I played with before, I always played random character, but online it actually gives me reason to pick a character and actually figure them out in more depth.

Breath of the Wild. I just started on this, only maybe an hour in, so not much to say yet. I’ve hesitated to start it because Zelda is one of my favorite series ever, but I generally dislike your standard open world formula. Zelda moving in the direction of a Skyrim type game just… I didn’t want to start playing it and hate it because it is not what I want from a Zelda game. Still not sold on the equipment system, but we’ll see. It didn’t turn me off yet, but it also hasn’t yet grabbed me fully either.

How are you finding the combat?

I remember back when it first came out on PS2, I breezed through that game finding it super easy. That was one of my complaints about it, which they fixed in the sequel by making it more challenging. But then I revisited the game a couple of years ago, and found the combat really hard!

It takes a while to get used to again. I seem to remember there was a move to come up swinging when you were down but I can’t remember what it is. Unlike modern games it doesn’t show you the controller scheme or have a list of moves in game that you can consult.

Also the camera is terrible sometimes, especially in a fight. I still enjoy the platforming and wall-running, although there are a couple of bits that are pretty unfair in terms of things crumbling under your feet and having to keep moving with a perfect sequence of moves to get to safety before they do.

About Warrior Within, they did make a bunch of cool new moves for combat but man did the aesthetic get worse. Also I think they made the combat/enemies too hard for me, anyway. I played the one after that all the way through, though, and loved the 2008 cel-shaded one.

were you playing on Nightmare?

When it comes to RPGs, I tned to set the difficulty as low as possible because I want story not gameplay in those games.

No, I was playing on the normal difficulty. But get the wrong rolls in the first dungeon there and you’re dead. After you get past the prologue it’s much more manageable, though.

This weekend was pretty fruitful in gaming: I finished Unravel 2, the Beat Saber campaign (which I decided to resume on a whim), the TC Blade of Agony and several Doom wads (Refracted Reality, Death’s Dichotomy and Attack on IO). I also played 2/3 of Edge of Nowhere.

I should return now to RDR 2.

Yuuuuuussssssss

NieR Replicant ver. sqrt(3/2), and that’s all. I should get ending D today and hopefully get started on the new ending E added in the remaster.