What horror movie did you just watch? (Was it any good?)

Kristy - liked it.

The Beach House - a well shot, moody kinda slow burner (well for the first act and a half) about a guy and his GF who show up at his esttanged dad’s beachouse only to find out an old friend of the dad’s has showed up with his wife. The two couples get along well but they witness a strange phenomenon that evening after some drinking and some edibles, and from there the movie starts to really take shape, in sofar as there’s a shape to take. Not quite as much substance as I was hoping for. Also, there’s a nonsensical bit in the middle (a very well shot scene but the character’s actions make no sense).

Devil’s Gate The female lead from Center Stage, William RIker, Jess from Gilmore Girls, an Ashmore, and Bridget Regan wander onto the set of a horror movie, which isn’t strong enough in script or execution to make me care. Regan is wasted, Riker is barely there (probably a good thing, although he’s not bad or anything; I admit I kept expecting us to cut to a scene where he was playing Jazz trrombone),l the rest of it is decently acted. The story and it’s turns didn’t do it for me, rendering the entire affair moot.