What induces nerd rage in you?

get a second opinion (on the temps, not cloned wives!). If one device shows you to be correct you might convince her that her human senses (and yours) were correct?

Not married, are you Zak?

Replace the baby monitor with a loose pile of baby monitor debris.

lol

Replace the baby monitor with a loose pile of baby monitor debris.

This idea I like!

I lol’d.

I could write a thesis on this, but you know, i’m lazy and time etc.

Zak, did you dumb down your explanation of dumbing down?

Ever since I got my DL 42 years ago, the drivers in Highland Park, Illinois. I knew it then and it is regularly confirmed whenever I drive through that affluent north shore of Chicago community. Yes, I have also driven throughout Florida where the geriatric factor (and, quite possibly, cracker factor) comes into play. No comparison. I have (been) driven as a young lad through roundabouts in Mexico City where the cab drivers actually had multiple accidents and never stopped because it was part of the way the game is played there. Nothing compares to HP.

You can just sum it up in two words. Bad drivers.

Many reasons, including the elderly … (hey, I’m a lot older myself but still!). The kind of bad driving that includes going down fairly well traveled roads at 10 -15 mph under the limit with no understanding that a convoy of cars, buses, trains, tanks and planes is traveling in their wake with rage topping out at never before seen rates, and being completely oblivious to anyone else, including themselves. La de la, oo la la.

The kind of driving that excludes the use of turn signals, coming to complete stops, awareness that there are actually stripes painted on the roads to indicate lane usage, and signs posted for their viewing pleasure, or being aware that their car comes complete with rear view and side view mirrors so they can see what they are about to back over including small children, animals, and what not.

The kind of driving that involves driving cars the affluent drive, with no panache. Those kind of cars should not be given to people with a casual disregard for the skill that simple, safe, defensive driving involves. Wasted on them. Personally I hate Caddies and Benzes (which are but a subset of those kinds of vehicles) (I think it has something to do with my disdain for my own father who drove them in my youth, but that’s another story), but when I see them driven in HP, I feel sorry for the cars. It’s kinda like seeing a Ferrari driven by a little old lady.

I could go on … but, figured you would get the idea. I haven’t even been through HP lately so am not currently raged up about it, and frankly, since this has taken place over five decades of my life, and is a known issue, I just keep clear of the idjits myself when I am in the vicinity.

Basically what you are saying is that Ferris Beuller is a documentary

Quite possibly! As a fellow Chicagoan, you understand : ) And that is an excellent depiction of what I am talking about!

Sure is :) I’m a terribly lucky man with the laddies (good genes do help), been in love a couple of times and lots of fun around those times too. This last ‘big one’ has just been, you know, the one. 15 years and going strong (we were just talking about this at new year, how it does not feel like that long, and how it just gets stronger as time passes), all our friends wonder how we do that, but like i always say you got to risk it all in the love game, be sincere, truthful and honourable and look deeper than the surface and material distractions.

Sure you will get burnt a few times, but we are all men here and can take a broken heart or two,no need to get bitter over that. Love is amazing, a key to our human experience, and ultimately will be able to save us all, as Jesus and others like him, quite rightly understood :) Sorry if this induces nerd rage!

I does not stop you getting angry at stuff that deserves it, but it sure makes the majority of life pure awesome. I rate it 10/10, whereas New Star Trek and the Star Wars Prequels get about 2/10 ;)

What was Jesus’s opinion on you being a hit with the lads?

awesome :) erm i did kiss a guy once(just a peck, no tongues!), but we were both drunk so i’m not sure that counts? And yes my awesome spelling talent saves a dull post…‘laddies’ should always be read/said in a thick Scottish accent.

“Please send me a hard copy of BLANK via email as soon as possible.”

Related to that, I hate any time that I get a scan of a form that I then have to print out, fill out, scan and email back. I can understand if you need me to sign the form, but I get a lot of documents that are literally me filling out information (mailing address, personal info, etc). In this day and age, there is no reason you can’t have that doc in a PDF, have me fill in the blanks and email it back.

How literally every paper form that you have to fill out in life providing some of your personal information still ask for (and usually in order) your HOME phone, your WORK phone and your CELL phone. Or the ever popular “daytime phone”.

I use a phonebox in Alaska for all those ;)

Had some dude complaining They (the man) could track his car via ezpass. He pays cash everytime he goes through a bridge.

Yeah, there’s an easier way for the cops to find my car. They go to my driveway at night, where it usually is. There’s another item I carry with me that has a GPS and several unique identifying numbers attached to it. That’s pretty good way to track people.

A recent update to Chrome for Android made it so sites can theme the color of the menu bar. Y’know, the menu bar that is NOT part of the site. So when you’re scrolling down to bring the menu bar back into view, you can’t identify it just by color anymore because now it looks like part of the site itself. And you can’t disable this, because apparently the people in charge of UX for Chrome are idiots.