What Is The Worst Christmas Movie?

Unpopular opinion incoming: Bad Santa with Billy Bob Thornton is the worst.

I’d rather sit in front of a Tim Allen Santa Clause series marathon without pee breaks than ever watch that again.

Santa With Muscles, starring Hulk Hogan, Ed Begley Jr., and a very, very young Mila Kunis. It is the worst Christmas movie I have ever seen and it kills me that I do not have it on tape so I can watch it every year.

That abysmal Grinch movie with Jim Carrey. Quite awful enough on its own, but its financial success also led to the Cat in the Hat movie.

Yes!! So awful.

But in reality basically all Christmas movies theatrically released since 1970 are terrible, with the following exceptions: Christmas Vacation; Bad Santa (I guess, but it’s not really pleasant holiday viewing); and Jingle all the Way (which will end up on someone’s worst list here soon, so I’m preempting it by declaring that’s impossible).

Edit: A Christmas Story and Scrooged also.

You forgot Elf in your list of exceptions.

This thread reminds me of one of my most embarrassing Qt3 gaffes, and it happened almost immediately after I joined - I started an elaborate poll thread on the best Rankin-Bass stop-motion holiday specials, and someone else had started one just a few days earlier. That’s when I learned that Tom will not mercifully put duplicate threads out of their misery and instead allows the second poster to just endure the humiliation.

This is like posting a thread called “When was the attack on Pearl Harbor?” and then disallowing December 7, 1941 as the answer.

Was there more than one attack on Pearl Harbor?

You misspelled “best.”

The Santa Clause is a proper good filmic piece. Just crappy enough to be good and it has puns. Staple viewing with my family (well, with my sister, for whom all three DVDs made for easy partial-Christmas presents for a few years.)

Ben Affleck made some of the most awful Christmas movies… and yet I watch them every single year: Reindeer Games and Surviving Christmas.

FAIL

Seconding Ernest Saves Christmas.

Exception list is missing A Christmas Story. Rendered invalid.

I’m sad that TV movies are excluded, because that rules out the true worst Christmas movie I’ve ever seen, It Happened One Christmas.

Cloris Leachman as a guardian angel?!?! HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS ATROCITY?! Must. Find.

She won an Emmy for it. It must be good, right? Right?

I think you misspelled “Scrooged”.

Yes. Ben Affleck and Michael Bay attacked it on May 27, 2001.

Seconded. It must be an exception.

“Jingle all the Way” with AHHHNOLD and Sinbad.

I thought Scrooged was awesome, WTH?

We’re saying it has to be an exception to the “post-1970 Christmas movies are terrible” rule.