What is this device connected to my router?

The link is BROKEN!
I want my coffee!

/de-lurk

Well… it just helped me right now, so it wasn’t entirely a waste of time.

/re-lurk

I think Mitsumi made the CD ROM in a 486 computer I owned years ago.

Also, the hostname of one of the devices connected to my router is *. No text, just a asterisk. What is it?

It’s bravia Tv or any sony products.
Sony uses wifi chips from Mistumi Eletric Company.

Okay I figured out this week the asterisk is my Kindle.

If you assholes don’t like this old thread being bumped then Mitsumi

I know I am late to the game. Found this thread while trying to answer the $10,000,000 question. I am glad to report, my mystery Mistumi Electric Company device was my android smart watch. Turned off wifi, it went away, turned it on and its back. If you have a smart watch, see if it is connected to your wifi.

@tomchick needs to monetize somehow all these old help threads. Obviously they are still of use.

Hey let’s not give crap to the people who overcome apathy on the internet to actually register and post real information.

Edit: I think I read the above comment incorrectly and attributed a lot of snark that wasn’t there somehow, sorry.

Holy shit @dgallina, 3,500 people clicked your link. That’s gotta be some kind of record here.
EDIT: And 95,000 thread views. Apparently this is a common question, and people are dropping in from all over. So @YakAttack has a point. Apparently these old threads are still of use.

I’ve noticed a few threads like this. I can’t recall one off the top of my head however.

GBA roms and iTunes conversion one before it was locked

Who would have figured? About the least important contribution I might have made :-)

Diego

Reviewing the devices connected to my router I came across - “MitsumiE Device” Come to find out it belongs to my Sony Network Media Player (streaming box). Purchased back in July 2012. I can still get Vudu and Weather Nation on it!

My god this was a good read, thank you evryone xD
Ps. Literally created an account for this

The 6 year old link that keeps on giving. FFS it might outlive me one day :-)

Is this actually a useful old thread and not a honeypot for spam like the MP4/iTunes/GBA threads?

I guess it is if you need to identify a network device by MAC address and didn’t know that there’s a maintained list of prefix owners :-)

But to be fair many consumer routers will now (with varying degrees of success) automatically list the client’s device manufacturer based on the same info.

Diego

The Shenzen Device is your Robot Vacuum, more specifically, mine is a Shark IQ. I hope this helps!

Oh, shit. Even vacuums are connected to the Internet now?