What is up next for Telltale games?

Seems The Wolf Among Us - Season 2 is getting pushed back to 2019.

Here’s a couple of things from E3:

Minecraft: Story Mode is coming to Netflix as some sort of interactive thing.

We can confirm Minecraft: Story Mode is a licensed 5-episode interactive narrative series coming to our service this fall. It’s an extension of our other interactive stories we have on our service like Stretch Armstrong: The Breakout, Puss in Book: Trapped in an Epic Tale and Buddy Thunderstruck: The Maybe Pile.

When asked what a final product might look like, sources pointed to the Amazon Fire TV platform – an ecosystem in which you can find a number of Telltale Games series like Minecraft: Story Mode, The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us and Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy – and which only requires that viewers have a remote in hand.

Telltale is working on a Stranger Things game.

Sweet.

Whoops.

In February 2015, Lionsgate, the entertainment conglomerate, invested in Telltale. Some board members began to agitate for changes in Telltale’s business model and sought to push Bruner out in favor of an outside CEO, according to the lawsuit.

Two years later, the board fired Bruner as chief executive and assigned the post to Dan Connors, a cofounder and former CEO.

Bruner, who remained on the board, says the company was contractually obligated to provide him informational support as he prepared to sell his holdings in common and preferred stock, his lawsuit says. He says he hired an investment banker and attracted interest from potential buyers.

But then company brass cut off communications with him as he was getting ready to sell the holdings, the suit alleges. Around the same time, in September 2017, Telltale hired Peter Hawley, a former executive at the Zynga game company, as chief executive. Telltale said Connors would move to an “advisory role.”

At that point, Bruner says, he was purged from Telltale’s board of directors. Bruner alleges the shareholder bloc that forced him out did not hold enough stock to cast legitimate votes.

More info about what’s coming up for Telltale, their partnership with Netflix, moving to the Unity engine, so on and so forth.

Doesn’t sound good for Telltale.

Well, guess that answer the question this thread proposed! Big fat goose egg, that’s what’s up next. I am sorry to see them go, got a lot of gaming mileage out of their stuff.

Dangit, I was looking forward to another Fable story. :(

Damn… :*(

Clementine will remember this.

Offf.

Well played.

Damn.

. Because they expanded so fast, I think everyone believed they were making at least a good amount of money in total. Maybe they were just ‘failing upwards’, expanding with investor money hoping to find the next big thing like TWD Season 1 was.

Thats a real shame :( I think most folks there saw it coming though, at least judging by the amount of Telltale resumes that have been going around this year from recruiters.

I wonder if gamer burnout set in , which reduced sales of their games.

I am like 7 (SEVEN) games behind right now. At one point they were putting out 2 games a year.

My impression was that was more to do with low morale and shitty working conditions… but then again that probably crossfed with the financial issues.

Or both!

I’m no fan of their games, but damn, that’s a lot of people out of a job. Best of luck to them.

Clementine and Lee are on of my favorite duos. I enjoyed season 1 and 2. I don’t have 3 yet. I need to be in the mood to play one of their games.

That’s exactly it. They had a term for it, “Telltale Fatigue”.

I am also like 5 games behind, but I do want to catch up, eventually. Problem is, humble bundles where I get the games from do not net the money required to support such big studio. They never should have expanded so much and take on so many samey projects.