What is your current favorite Roguelike? [Or all things roguelike]

Shiren the Wanderer is so fucking awesome. It’s just really enjoyable to play, to dive back in and explore and find new stuff. And I’m pretty sure I’ve barely scratched the surface.

@Relayer71 mentioned but it does look super nice on the Vita. I have an older OLED display and it’s just incredible looking, so vibrant. My iPhone can’t do it justice, but I’ll try.

So where I am in the story is I have retrieved 2 of the 3 dice of fate (Past and Present) and finally succumbed to my first death in the Tower of the Future. Those enemies are fucking crazy and don’t mess around. The first two dungeons I finished around level 18 or 19 and using the gear I had on me, but this time I had found early a Growth Armlet that gave me XP just for walking around so I was level 18 or 19 just heading into 1F of Tower of the Future. I had some great gear, honestly.

Now, I haven’t cleared this screen yet and don’t know what happens next, I assume I lose everything I had on me, and my money, but I have saved a decent nest egg in the bank and stored a bunch of other items/pots full of items in storage as well. Since I wasn’t strong enough to get past 4F in Tower of the Future, I’m not sure what to do next - should I grind the first two towers to try and get better gear?

But the game is great. It looks great, the animations and spell effects are as fantastic as the cool and rewarding little items and things you can find, it plays so easy and smooth I had to leave the Vita at my office because I was neglecting my FF9 play through on the Switch!