What is your current favorite Roguelike? [Or all things roguelike]

Ack, I keep forgetting about this. I wish it was on Steam so I could just buy it and have it on my list of games!

Yeah, I believe that skill used to be under Temporal Combat but they’ve reworked a ton of the classes and skills over the past few years.

If you install the itch app, and then playnite, it’ll be on your list. :)

Yeah, I know, and I can of course add it as a non-steam game, I can pin it to my taskbar, there are lots of ways I can do this but for some reason the only one that sticks, probably since 95% of my PC games work like this, is when I have them sorted in my Steam library and when I want to find something to play there it is, and I can hit up the Store Page and Forums for updates and etc. Plus I feel like this game should cost me something to play, it’s really cool from I watched and what little I played. I have it set up and rolled up a Human Warrior to just putz around with it, and it’s pinned to my Steam jumplist as a non-steam game to help me remember it’s installed.

Nononon I’m telling you Playnite is way better for this than Steam, I’ve been organizing my games in it for a couple of weeks now and I’m finding it’s SO MUCH EASIER to find stuff to play than trying to slog through Steam. Highly recommended.

I myself booted up Crawl aka DCSS for the first time in years and started a Vinestalker stabby Fighter who follows the Lord of the Dance.

I failed to understand synergy between a stabby character and the dancing mesmerizing because I wasn’t expecting such a monster. He just punched through Orc and the Lair like it was nothing.

Hm… interesting, I’ll check it out.

It’s probably for the best. I recall damage smearing being kind of confusing and it being prone to accidentally getting yourself killed with too much of it. And the Time Shield and Guardian Unity clone seem just straight up better, anyway.

Did you do any visual customization or use any particular themes in Playnite?

Nah, I like it as a simple, organized list. Though you certainly can if @Mellified is any indication. ;)

I bring you wonderful news! There is a “donate” button at zorbus.net

But it’s in fancy Europe dollars.

You’re going to love this news, then – you can Name Your Own Price in cold, hard American currency at itch.io

https://zorbus.itch.io/zorbus

Actually, yeah, I do love that! Thanks man, that’s cool. Worth $10 but I think. And if I ever see it on Steam, I’ll buy it again.

Discussion here.

oh, i like this. I want to make it look more like the current Steam layout, which I like. I wonder if theres any way to get a ticker for what games have been updated, like Steam does. I find that really useful.

Man, I’m five floors deep in Dreadfell now and this is easily the best a TOME run has ever gone for me. haven’t died once, not even when I opened a Dreadfell vault and it was full of level 58 demons (I was like level 26), not when I was actively trying to die to my future self to unlock Paradox Mage (sigh). I think this character might have a shot at winning.

Also, unlocked redheaded characters, Stone magic, Scourge wyrms for wyrmics, and Necromancer so far, so that’s cool.

Saw this, looks like one of the weirder entires in the genre hitting Steam next week.

Five years ago @TimJames mentioned Armoured Commander. But has anyone else played the sequel?

I might do an AAR. Pretty fun!

Oh, game has been scaled back to be a single tank like the first one? Awesome!