What is your dream game?

Two dream games for me

The first would be a Fantasy Renaissance-era Kohan type game, with stronger unit AI to avoid exploits.

The second would be a fighting game which would be Samurai Shodown with Skullgirls-level detail and love.

I always thought Shadowrun would make the perfect MMO setting.

State of Decay is so very very close to my dream game. But what I really want to see is the game as an FPS, with real solid shooting mechanics. A robust, scavenged/crafted weapons system. Take away the pre-set bases and let the players choose where to set up house. I want real deep base construction. Let me choose where to put up the fences and barricades. Let me build ditches, traps, killzones, bridges between rooftops etc. I still want to recruit NPC’s for my base that give bonuses or can man the guard tower or build me stuff. But the last big change I want is co-op. Bring in three friends and have a persistent base between sessions. I’d also like to see a Payday 2 style character specialization system so everyone has an important set of skills.

Since I already own Depths of Peril, I’ll take it for a spin at some point. I’ll keep my expectations low since it has clicky combat, but I can always toss it when I get tired of it.

Definitely this one, with dynamic quest system and multiple mini story arcs in every town/region.

Or this one. With a hint of Stalker thrown in as well - multiple fractions, valuable loot, stories and quests, some diplomacy. Persistent base and adhoc coop would be so great - you could play alone and do some scavenging and if your friend logs in, he can catch up and help you out. Kind of like MMO but without the horde of strangers snooping around ruining any immersion.

I could play the above 2 games forever. :)

A global geopolitical simulator that’s actually good. Closest thing we’ve ever gotten was Shadow President, and that restricted you to one playable country and was heavily scripted.

I would like a game that emphasises exploration and building. I want to lead a society on a grand adventure. I want to interact with other societies to either trade / ally or fight against. I want a rich tech tree. I want this game to be from the 1st person perspective and definitely multi-player if not massively multi-player. I want large combat actions to be handled by NPCs and I want it to be costly. War is expensive. I want a rich, complex economy. The world must be dynamic. You really can build cities wherever you want. If you blow up a bridge it stays destroyed until it is rebuilt. There would be many continents and perhaps entire other worlds to travel to.

Wizardry 9.

Also, a Mechwarrior/Battletech hybrid RPG/FPS that seamlessly combines a Mech sim and out-of-Mech FPS action and lets me go from a single scrap mech to managing my own mercenary lance. I’d also like to see a comprehensive TBS take on the same sort of game concept that combines space/aerotech/Battleforce/Battletech/Mechwarrior action all in the same game.

Same for me except with less emphasis on the FPS stuff. Guns are a last resort in a zombie apocalpyse. But what I do want is a proper zombie apocalypse sim. Project Zomboid seems interesting on this front, but I’m yet to be convinced. I’m baffled that so far into the zombies-in-popular-culture craze we still haven’t topped something like Rebuild.

A Bioware-quality RPG with either (a) Atlus-style tactical turn-based combat, or (b) Dark Souls/Fighting game combat.

SRPGs are my favorite genre, but they are usually weak on the RPG side. Meanwhile most RPGs these days have boring combat systems.

Oh and a modern Mechwarrior game, the last good Mech game was MW4: Mercenaries.

The Holodeck. Failing that, then a way for me to actually be in Saints Row IV.

I want Traveller to come back.

When Megatraveller one and two came out they were big and there was a lot of ambition but now with games like Starbound and other games with procedural generation I think it’s time to give Traveller another go.

Tom M

I’d be pretty content with Star Control 4.

Oh, and Anachronox 2.

My dream game would be a continuation of Mike Singleton (RIP)s fantastic games: Midwinter, Midwinter 2 Flames of Freedom and Ashes of Empire (Midwinter 3)
I suppose ARMA series has the ‘air,land,sea’ bit covered, it just needs a “proper” RPG/Story/scenario and less annoying User Interface.
It would be the best mod: EVER :-)

La-Mulana 2…oh.

Bayonetta 2…oh.

A massive expansion for Soul Sacrifice with assloads of new content and new gameplay mechanics that completely change how you interact with level environments…oh.

Does wanting Capcom to never make a DarkStalkers 4 because they don’t have any idea how to make a good fighting game anymore count?

I bought the complete pack from Gamer’s Gate , and I can play vanilla Civ IV.

Quite simple really: Test Drive Unlimited 2 with F1-like realistic/accurate controls, on pc…

Dark Souls 2. \o/

I want to play almost all the games people have listed (except for the Pokemon one). I hope I live long enough for procedural content to be good content, but that may have to await the singularity ;)