What is your level of political involvement?

I wonder if they actually check to see if I’m a registered voter, or if they just check that the address is within their district.

I imagine it depends on the politician and their staff. Pretty simple to type in a name though and cross reference it with potential voters though.

I’ve done everything in the past five years except run for office. Every paper letter I’ve written has been answered by a form letter, being slightly liberal in a heavily Republican state means they don’t really have to value anything I say. I’m actually surprised every time they send me a reply.

I contributed to Obama and made phone calls for Obama to other states. Every time Palin or McCain open their mouth I’m happy I volunteered.

I made some phone calls and did a little work for a local candidate that didn’t have a shot because she was a Democrat, it was an interesting experience. It was pretty amazing to see how much money and energy she was putting into a state representative race that I think she lost by 30 points. All because the Republican that has been in forever was such a scumbag and she was really worried about his plans for education budgets.