What movie did you watch?

That deserves a hearty LOL! But you better stop saying things about Lowlife or you’re going end up making me rewatch it tonight!

Please post here if you find, see, and/or enjoy it!

I was mostly thinking of the fact that Mad Max was a cop revenge thriller with a side helping of car action. That’s kind of how I regard Lost Bullet, structurally. So what’s what I mean when I say a 21st century Mad Max.

But wait, back up. Did you say what I thought you said?

You did say that, didn’t you? Like, you personally prefer Mad Max to Road Warrior or Fury Road? Oh man, we gotta sit down over a beer sometime. I gotta hear this! I mean, I respect the hell out of Mad Max as George Miller’s weird offshoot of 70s Australian cinema, but I think it only shows us glimpses of the kinetic mad genius that will create Road Warrior and Fury Road (and Furiosa, but I’m mum on that until we record our podcast!). I think of Mad Max as a somewhat clumsy segue from 50s biker movies and cop-on-the-edge revenge yarns towards Miller’s eventual apocalyptic vision, but nowhere near to achieving it. But it’s still its own weird thing and I love that you regard it so highly.

I mean, a chief of police named Fifi wearing nothing but tight leather pants and a jabot while shirtless? Yeah, that’s George Miller, all right.