What new game do you think will absorb the majority of your time? (Feb/March)

We have an embarrassment of riches for releases this month/next.

Just to name a few I’m watching:

• Warhammer 3
  • Dying Light 2
  • Elden Ring
  • Crusader King’s 3 Royal Court
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Sifu
  • Lost Ark
  • Distant Worlds 2
  • Elex 2 courtesy of @Alistair :)
  • Shadow Warrior 3 courtesy of @tomchick :)

So what new game do you see taking the majority of your time over the next month or two?

For myself, I think Warhammer 3 will get the most playing time. Followed by Horizon Forbidden West tied with Elden Ring. Then I can’t buy any more games for a long time lol.

Yup45

Probably Elden Ring and Elex 2, followed by Dying Light 2 and Distant Worlds 2.

Poll perhaps? Dammit I broke it, hang on. All good now. :)

Feb/March 2022, time sink.

• Warhammer 3
  • Dying Light 2
  • Elden Ring
  • Crusader King’s 3 Royal Court
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Sifu
  • Lost Ark
  • Distant Worlds 2

0 voters

@Profanicus @jpinard @BrianRubin , you gents need to vote. :)

I’m playing Dying Light 2 right now and have Elden Ring preordered. Even though I like Dying Light, I like Dark Souls more so Elden Ring has the edge in anticipation.

I’m planning on trying Warhammer 3 on Gamepass. If it grabs me that can take up a lot of time and also open the door to me playing Warhammer 2, which I already have. Distant World had promiss, but there were too many things that annoyed me. I do want to see if #2 can elevate it to a game I want to spend a lot of time with. I find Crusader Kings pretty dull, so no threat from that one.

Only problem is, that’s not all the big games coming out. There are plenty of other titles people might be splurging their time into. Those are my own narrow-minded focus LOL

People will have to choose from the list given. :p

ELEX 2 WRITE-IN

@jpinard why are you not interested in this game?

Cause I forgot about it LOL. I expect to see 20 more write-ins at this point :)

I am bad at souls-like games, but Elden Ring looks fantastic. I expect to spend many hours scowling at the display and wishing I sucked less. That’s ok. Something needs to break my current addiction to Last Epoch.

Distant Worlds 2 for sure. I might try playing CK3 again with this expansion, since I already have them (bought the CK3 Deluxe version or something at release). And there’s Elder Ring, but I’m still waiting for reviews on that one. If reviews tell me what I want to hear, though, I foresee myself spending quite some time with that one.

I might play Lost Ark at some point. We’ll see.

I have no idea what the multiplayer in Elden Ring is going to look like but I and I’m sure any number of other people from qt3 will be on hand to help those who wish they sucked less.

Other than RDRO it will be CK3. I’ve had it on gamepass but now that the new dlc is out and it’s had time to simmer I’ll probably actually play it. TW3 too, but I like the idea of it more than I like playing it. Still, it’s on gamepass so I’ll have it to tinker with too.

EldenRingEldenRingEldenRing

I never played Elex - should I before looking into Elex 2?

Elden Ring I can’t get excited about. Too much past abuse from Souls games.

Yeah probably. It’s a pretty direct sequel. First game is cheap. Better to see if it’s your kind of thing.

Warhammer 3. Will not even be close, I’ve had a huge red circle around 17 Feb for months.

Elden Ring for sure. I’ve been avoiding media and looking forward to going in mostly blind, though still trying to decide which platform to go with.

Also really interested in Final Fantasy Origin: Stranger in Paradise due to my love of the Nioh games. Awkward timing though, arriving a month after Elden Ring, and I might not be ready to dive into it right away.

And I’m certainly going to try out Total Warhammer 3 on Game Pass, but I’ve never quite gotten over the hump with that series, so we’ll see how it goes.

Looking at the poll, I’m surprised to see Lost Ark so unrepresented, given how active the thread has been.

I’m getting it on PS5.