What, no Fall 2016 Television Preview Thread?!

Watched Kevin Can Wait, and it wasn’t very funny. :(

Hard to recapture that King of Queens magic I guess.

Not me apparently, as buzz from various sources had me adding it to the DVR list for tonight. I’m not usually one for political dramas, but given the premise and the lead actor it’s got my curiosity up enough for at least an episode or two.

Not a fall series, but my daughter and I finally started watching Stranger Things on Netflix. Two episodes down and it’s got a great Goonies meets Stephen King vibe (only darker) that I’m enjoying.

Lethal Weapon and Designated Survivor were both enjoyable, I’ll keep watching. :)

Oh nice. I didn’t know those were already out. I’ll look for them on Hulu. I hope they’re on there.

The Exorcist premier is tonight. I want to watch it just for Geena Davis. The wife, OTOH refuses to watch anything to do with possession. She says it stems from her Jehovah’s Witness upbringing. I’ll record it, anyway.

Van Helsing on Syfy tonight, I just know it will be good!

Is anyone gonna watch MacGyver? :p

“The Good Place” already had another episode. Another good one!

Pitch was a mix of good and bad for me. Going to watch and see which way it goes though. The last part of the pilot hit me a bit hard for sure.

Wait, Van Helsing is from the producers of Hell On Wheels and Fargo?! “One of these things is not like the others…”

Maybe in Hollywood you can call yourself a “producer” if you were say the production assistant in charge of craft services (catering)?

Given that the show has (count em) eighteen producers according to imdb, I’m surprised they couldn’t find a bunch more shows to cite than just those two!

I started watching because of this recommendation. Up to Chapter 4. Braindead is good (not a typo, they spell it concatenated). It has an absurd vibe like Better off Ted. Relatively light tone considering it involves brain bugs emptying the cranial cavities in Washington Congressmen. Or maybe that’s part of the joke. Because Congress, har har? Not sure.

I also looked up the ratings. Sigh. Not promising. Apparently it’s the lowest rated of their summer shows.

So is it worth watching @lordkosc?

I was a bit surprised they didn’t put the first episode up for free on iTunes (something that’s fairly common). Instead it looks like the first episode was a 2-hour special that they broke down into two separate iTunes episodes that they want $2.99 each for. $6 to watch the first story episode of an unknown TV show is a bit much for me, unless people are saying it’s great.

I will get to it tonight, I am currently watching The Exorcist which is pretty good.

This was indeed enjoyable. It reminded me of a series that McG did a while back called Fastlane. But this time, obviously, with the Lethal Weapon movie characters, but this time played by different actors.

I’m not convinced that this will make a great series though. It made for an enjoyable pilot though.

I wanted to watch Lethal Weapon’s pilot, but weather alerts/tornado watches made it impossible as the weather team took over the airwaves on our local FOX affiliate. They said shows would re-air starting at “2:07am” (oddly specific) which turned out to be completely false - I tried to TiVO from 2-3:30am and all I got was the usual programming on at that time. I can’t find it anywhere to stream, so I think I’ll just chalk this up as fate trying to intervene and skip it.

I am curious about Van Helsing though, if anyone has impressions!

I watched it on Hulu Plus. I’ve been doing this thing lately where I subscribe to Hulu for a month, and then put the subscription on hold for 3 months. And then subscribe for a month. Etc. That way I get to binge and catch up on the shows all at once, and feel like I get my money’s worth too. And this time I paid for the “No commercials” option, and it is amazing how much better the whole experience is without commercials. I thought I didn’t mind watching a few commercials, but now that I’ve done it without commercials I’ll never be able to go back to the other way.

Anyway, I watched Lethal Weapon on Hulu Plus. So it is streaming on there at least.

RE: Van Helsing

Well the attractive lead and the fact that the Swede from Hell on Wheels is on this, is gonna keep me watching.

The vampires took over the world 3 years ago so its 2019 now, and this is a resistance fighter show. VanHelsing is the savior they have waited for. Its a SyFy show, so go in expecting the worst, and overall its not too bad.

The first 2 episodes are a lot of set up, amnesia , flashbacks, lots of blood and some vampires. I like the twist they added to VanHelsing and why the Vampires want her.

Lethal Weapon is available to stream here. Didn’t even ask for cable provider info.

Gotta second the people saying it’s good. I expected to hate it and ended up loving it and wanting more. It’s over the top and silly in exactly the right ways and the two leads are both great.

Anyone watch Macgyver?

Thanks for this, I was able to watch it and it was actually quite a lot of fun - I’m in, at least for a few more episodes.

@lordkosc I heard it was awful, just truly awful, but I haven’t been brave enough to check it out for myself.