What, no Fall 2016 Television Preview Thread?!

Yeah I was disappointed to hear they whacked Timeless, it was a fun show. I did read that they are going to shop it around and the show has a decent following so it may not be dead yet, just mostly dead.

I liked Timeless, though I’m part of the problem, since I’m about 6 episodes behind on my DVR’d recordings of it.

Talk about diluting your audience. There were 5 time-travel shows on this season! I just flat out didn’t have time (rimshot) to watch them all. Timeless did seem the best of them. (Though I find DC’s Legends of Tomorrow a fun guilty pleasure. Heat Wave can chew some scenery!)

Timeless (cancelled)
DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (renewed)
Making History (cancelled)
Time after Time (cancelled)
Frequency (cancelled)

Of those, I never even got around to watching the last three, though they’re all on the DVR. Were any of those worth watching?

I didn’t try Making History or Time after Time, but I watched Frequency and enjoyed it. The first half was better than the second, but I thought it was all worthwhile. Sorry it didn’t stick around.

I liked Time After Time, it did a decent job of capturing the tone of the original movie. It must not have caught an audience at all though because they didnt even finish running the episodes they filmed for this season.

Damn! I actually got that one right for a change!

ps: Tip o’ the hat to Triggercut who mentioned its last minute pardon from death row in another thread.

Does Travellers count as well? I quite enjoyed that one, which is coming back for season 2 this year.

If you saw the entire season of Frequency: video

I thought Making History was hilarious, but it’s probably an acquired taste.

Not sure if just me, but the season finale for Designated Survivor felt a little weak. :(

I’ll probably watch again in the fall as it was renewed, but it will have to improve if they want me to stick around for another entire season.

The show felt like a one season and done show to me. Now we’ve had the bogeyman revealed so all that mystery is gone, though I suspect we will have at least one more government mole working for the bad guy next season. They have to do something next season. (I could see some fights over Supreme Court nominees – I don’t think they’ve filled the court yet, have they?)

I’ll continue to watch also, but I’m less interested. The cool part of the show was this obscure guy becoming President and having to rebuild the government and cope with public opinion, political opposition, and the ongoing investigation into the bombing. They can’t repeat that each season.

I just started watching Westworld a few days ago. Wow. I’m really enjoying this tremendously. The violence is a little shocking sometimes, but I’m digging everything else about it a lot.