What? No Moana thread?

Watched it over the weekend. Thought it pretty good, and reminded me in a weird way of Aladdin. The central theme (be who you are inside), the main action being the hero(ine) and magical demigod level sidekick, the animal companion, even the demigods song routine/ montage of powers.

Not a criticism, by the way, just an odd parallel that stuck in my mind, just like Your Welcome has been. My three year old was entranced by the singing crab, especially.

I was positive they’d fucking resurrected David Bowie when that crab hit the stage and started crooning.

Yes, the wonderful work of Jemaine Clement!

He has previous

Amazing

Seriously, Flight of the Conchords is sooooo good.

Because I’m beautiful baby.

My three year old is freaked out about it, totally scared of the bad guy monster. She has an extremely active imagination; the doc said not to worry as long as she doesn’t have a general movie /TV phobia. Need to give her some time and try again.

My little sister watches this conchords show… she couldn’t stop laughing. Seriously like through the whole song she was cracking up because of that actor… she’s in her twenties and it was so cute.

You go girl!

For the last dozen posts or whatever. The Bowie stuff. The Conchords stuff. I love them so much.

And to sell the people who don’t already know the show:

and:

There must be a huge amount of nostalgic aggregate good will built up around the Conchords, because they just do nothing for me. Glad you guys enjoy them though…

Honestly probably the most mainstream enjoyable song they have is Business Time:

The rest are definitely in the acquired taste category.

I could have sworn I put this at the top of my Netflix queue but somehow it ended up at the bottom, but I ended up getting the mockumentary Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping instead (which is HYSTERICAL), so not the end of the world. Looking forward to watching it next weekend.

That raps still holds up.

There’s a fantastic karaoke place in Austin (The Highball) that has a few conchords tunes in its playlist. This is my go to. So much fun.

You go girl!

Finally saw this last night. Loved it.

I know I was kind of critical of this movie in another thread when I first watched it. But for whatever mysterious reason, this is the first movie that my son has wanted to see a second time, and then a third, fourth time as well. So it’s the first Disney movie for me that I’ve seen multiple times.

And honestly, the more I watch it, the more I like it. Maybe it’s some kind of Stockholm Syndrome? I really love this movie now.

Me too! And I’ve even watched Flight of the Concords before, and I still thought David Bowie instead.

I need to watch this again. Not exclusively for the crab song. But maybe mostly for the crab song, and also the triumphant ancestors at my side number I can’t remember anything else about because my brain is made of Swiss cheese these days

This is a top 3 Disney movie for me. For me, it’s We Know the Way that really thrills me and pulls me in.