What should we do with the QT3 Twitter?

I think Twitter has uses, no question, but it’s pretty clogged with attention whores. There are only a handful of people who would have potentially interesting 140 character blurbs with any regularity.

VERY short.

Use it to link to especially interesting posts in Qt3 (possibly excluding P&R), so that the rest of the twitterverse will come here and see what a neat forum it is and join.

Or something.

But it’s not really “clogged” with anything, because you don’t have to follow anyone you don’t want to. Sure, it’s neat to see what Wil Wheaton has to say in real time for a day or two, but man, that dude doesn’t shut up. Un-follow! That’s part of the beauty of Twitter, it’s only as annoying as you allow it to be.

I don’t have a Myspace of Facebook or anything like that, but I love Twitter. It is what you make of it. If you’re constantly being annoyed by a-holes, it’s your fault for following them. Myself, I’ve “met” some really cool people I’d have never otherwise talked to. I think it’s great.

I was following Brent Spiner for awhile and unfollowed for exactly this reason. He was putting out some sort of surreal noir-ish story for multiple tweets a day, and it got old.

Use it to let folks know when some Demigod or TF2 action is started somehow? Folks could use #qt3multiplay to alert eaxhother and the account could mirror those up?