What show can still make you laugh?

Laugh out loud? Honestly, nothing makes me laugh. I have to fake it, because otherwise people think I am unamused when they tells jokes and stuff. I just don’t laugh.

But I honestly can’t think of the last time something genuinely made me laugh out loud. I would never, for example, be watching TV alone and break into laughter, even though I love the humor on some shows like “House.”

Smoke more pot.

Blackadder, I think season 2 (the one with queen elizabeth), though all the seasons hilarious. I like Mr. Bean too, but I like Blackadder better. Monthy Python’s Flying Circus still makes me laugh, as does much of the old SNL stuff (eddie murphy, belushi, martin, etc). Married with Children still makes me chuckle.

Metalocalypse. I’ve watched the first season easily 5-6 times and it can still throw me in to laughing fits.

MST3K
MAS*H
Monty Python
Red Dwarf
Futurama
Kitchen Nightmares (either version frankly)

— Alan

Mary Tyler Moore and the 1st Bob Newhart.

They still hold up, even with the dated settings. But then…I’m dated.

For me, the shows that tend to best make me laugh are the ones that are otherwise semi-serious enough that the humor really stands out. So, shows like Buffy/Angel, Boston Legal, Stargate or Monk.

Aside from that, Whose Line is it Anyway? is pretty consistantly funny, and for some reason loses much less on reuns than most shows.

Welcome Back Kotter
Good Times

The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin, though I have yet to encounter anyone else who has seen the show without my pimping it to them.

Wow. That was arrogant sounding. It’s more about the obscurity of the show in Texas and my non-PBS-watching circle of friends.

[ul]
[li] Metalocalypse[/li][li] Simpsons[/li][li] Daily Show[/li][li] Colbert Report[/ul][/li]
All send me into fits of laughter, Simpsons not as much as the old ones do.

Good cartoons still make me laugh.

Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends.
Arrested Development.
Frasier
Scrubs (1-3, 5)
Daily Show

Various youtubes comedies.

Generally though, just because I’m not laughing, doesn’t mean I’m not being entertained.

The Venture Brothers

The nerd humor is great, like the scene where 2 henchman are talking about whether smurfs are mammals or not. Also, the DVD commentary is almost as good as the show itself. The commentary in season 2 is particularly great; They have a bit about Colonel Gentleman and Kiki that kills me.

Greetings:
My brother and I totally dug that when we were kids, but it’s not being shown anymore, is it?

For me, Coupling is the standout. No matter how many times I’ve seen the episodes, even though I know the joke before they give the line, it still cracks me up, sometimes even painfully so. If you haven’t seen it before, “The Woman with Two Breasts” is just awesome.

Best,
Michael.

Fawlty Towers. The episode with the Germans and Basil marching around never fails to put me in stitches. Comedy at its best.

I Love Lucy really is timeless.

And the Carol Burnett Show. Will we ever see variety shows again?

Are you Dexter in real life? :)

Whose Line Is It Anyway, and anything by Joss Whedon. I’ve seen Firefly a dozen times at least, and I still LMAO every episode.

MASH in the UK was broadcast without the laugh track. I remember seeing it here in the states for the first time and being appalled at how much damage it did to the show. I believe that the DVD release lets you turn it off? Great Show IMHO.

As for laugh out loud shows. there really isnt much new stuff any more. I get a grin or two out of some shows maybe. Old stuff like Bottom and early seasons Red Dwarf can still get me bellowing.

edit: Just read the full thread. Forgot about AbFab, yes “Leave her! Leave her!” also gets me everytime.

Are you mocking us with talk of season 2, or did they start that somewhere during the first 26 shows?

H.

Star Wars episode of Family guy
Octipussui episode of Drawn together
The new Kelsey Grammer show is actully quite funny if you worked in news- it is so close to reality it is scary.
Any crappy show my wife watches and I can monolog during, maybe not laugh out loud but I’m personally amused.
CSI makes me laugh sometimes. Good gallows humor.
The News- nothing like a small market local newscast for good laughs.

If I were Dexter, would I admit to being Dexter?