What the God damn fucking hell is up with Southwest Airlines

Well, I don’t know if it forces those people to wait in line, they could just not participate and get shitty seats (if they are flying single – I can understand why families would want to cherry pick seating). But I agree with your general statement. Regardless of what airline I’m on and how seating works I’ll pretty much wait until everyone else is boarded before getting in line, because getting any seat type short of an exit row seat is of less value to me than spending 45 extra minutes sitting on the plane on the ground or standing on the jetway in a big crowded line waiting to get into the plane.

you know… this is just a return to the way SWA used to board everyone, like, back in the 80’s…

I love the new system.

It keeps everyone from having to sit in the letter lines for hours. Pretty clearly the airports were behind this, because people ended up blocking the aisles instead of using the seats.

And no, you don’t get in “exact” order. You just clump up within loose groups of five people.

That was already dead, killed by online boarding passes available at midnight the day of the flight. The first to physically check in was getting a B pass at best.

I particularly dislike this since my name is apparently so common that DHS won’t let me do online boarding passes.

Oh God, especially if he had been running a bit through the airport and was breathing heavy and sweating, while wearing his “Warlocks do it over time” shirt.

You are all fucking asshats. They made us line up in precise numerical order before getting on the plane. I had to find the old woman with #26 and get behind her. Although I think they realized what a circus it was, because some people shuffled around a little and it’s not like they didn’t let them on the plane. But they told us over the PA that we had to be lined up exactly in order, and made everyone try to do that. And to the triple-asshat who posted that this must be a good idea because Southwest knows what they’re doing: my flight left three hours late.

You mean all lawyers don’t fly first class? How much is a first class ticket anyway?

-Travelocity whore, but should use SWA more.

Wow, that’s incredibly stupid of them.

I find this hard to believe. 20 bucks says this guy is a VM for some other airline.

(Fly JetBlue)

I am unfortunately not that kind of lawyer. (Well, it’s not unfortunate Monday through Friday. But it’s unfortunate when you’re trying to figure out what sort of airline ticket you can afford.)

No, I’m pretty certain the SWA boarding attendants were the asshats in this instance.

So when is JetBlue going to finally put WiFi and electrical outlets for laptops in Coach, so that I never, ever fly any other airline again?

Yep, just look at his 7000+ posts; they’re all about the airlines.

edit: wrong they’re

Holy shit they are!

I keep hoping for the day that Lufthansa somehow magically starts doing domestic US flights.

I think the main reason they don’t (and why it was a pain for Virgin America to get started up) is because there is a rule that in order for an airline to operate in the US, it has to be a US company. (aside from the international stops of course – I mean flying from one us city to another for the flights.)

Nengjangggggo, what the hell are you talking about? Rywill’s some kind of 5-year sleeper agent for an airline?

Them too. In fact, when I said “You all” let’s just assume I meant “everyone in the world but me,” because I was pretty pissed about how late my flight took off.

I bet that totally wouldn’t have happened if only I had flown JetBlue. Don’t you guys all agree? They seem like the best airline ever.

What do you mean sleeper agent? Look a few posts up, we have confirmation that air travel is pretty much all he talks about.