What We Do in the Shadows - Taika Waititi, vampires, FX, the series

Alright, what’s better, alt-right or Antifa? I’m trying to decide which team to join…

He sure have a firm grip in American politics!

One of my favorite TV shows of 2019 and you do not need to watch the movie to follow the story.

You do if you want to see Jermaine Clement and Rhys Darby though.

Send season has started now. Double episode, in fact!

The most recent episode was really great, imo. This show seems pretty average most of the time, but occasionally it’ll surprise me with an excellent episode.

My wife talked me into watching this series from the start and for a while I would mostly just roll my eyes and smile, slightly amused. But, now that I am getting to know the characters, I genuinely like the show. The writing and the way the characters react to certain situations cracks me up!

I got my son to watch this last year after I did, thankfully I left it on the TiVO, and I watched it with him and that second viewing made me like the show even more. We were both excited for the new season and, except for what aired this week, were caught up. We enjoy the show a lot, it’s not our top comedy (that’s probably Brooklyn Nine-nine right now) but it’s the second one we look forward to each week.

The ghost episode was excellent, especially the end with Matt Berry. That guy’s a treasure.

Couldn’t agree more. He’s one of like 5 people that can seemingly make anything funny for me(Darkplace, Mighty Boosh, Toast of London). He has a somewhat recent Victorian era detective show called “Year of the Rabbit” which is really excellent as well.

I’m with you, I want to like so many of the episodes more than I actually do. However, I hoped for the best with a Colin Robinson focused episode, and I thought this one definitely delivered.

If you haven’t stumbled across Snuff Box, you have a real treat in store. Peak Berry!

Mark Proksch is great, isn’t he? For some of the most delicious Proksch you’ll ever sample, I heartily recommend this weird little horror movie:

-Tom

Can’t remember if I’ve mentioned it here, but have you guys seen the prank Proksch pulled on Wisconsin morning shows? He pretended to be a Yo Yo master and got himself booked on these shows. Hilarity ensues.

Jackie Datona spin-off series when?!

Another solid episode. They really figured out what to do with Colin Robertson this season, and it’s fantastic. Matt Berry’s line reading of “New York City” was an all-timer.

I’m looking forward to watching the new one as soon as I get home, but I’m skeptical that it could be better than his “Arizona”.

In my opinion they did themselves a real disservice making that ‘Le Piss’ pants commercial one of their lead-in skits. Holy crap that turned me off. But once I got past that the rest of the series was a hoot.

The series has been picked up for a third season. I’m worried. I’m enjoying this season so much I sort of want it to go out on a winning note.

@Giles_Habibula, did you ever get around to watching this series? And have you seen the movie?

No I haven’t. The girlfriend has seen every episode, and is still raving about it. And I’m loving the clips I’ve been watching on YouTube, but I know those don’t do it justice because every time I watch one, the girlfriend makes me pause it so she can explain what’s going on, and tells me the backgrounds of each character. So before I can even watch a two-minute clip, I first have to sit through ten minutes of her explaining the set-ups. [sigh] But I really need to wait until I get back to work and my paychecks start to level off. Still on my wishlist though (along with The 100 Morons)!

https://youtu.be/GfhbvsnR9Y0

Wellington Paranormal deserves its own thread.