What will happen if I drill small holes in a flatscreen monitor?

I miss some of the old names in this thread.

Wow, lots of ACCOUNT CLOSED type account in this thread. Kinda crazy.

I also just read this entire thread. I don’t know why, I couldn’t stop. I think part of me was really hoping this guy would eventually explain what he wanted to drill 20-30 holes in an LCD for, but mostly I just can’t believe he ever though even a single hole would be acceptable. Seriously, he was either clearly trolling from the start OR a complete loon. Or both. Super entertaining, though!

My understanding of Teddy is that, whatever else he might be, he was sincere.

Yes, I was hoping the mystery would be explained eventually. Not sure why he never disclosed what his intent was, or why he never tried it. You should be able to pick up a used LCD monitor for cheap if you want to experiment. I’m sure enough of us would have been happy to paypal him a few bucks to fund his research as long he promised pics of the result.

Home made 21st century light bright?

Oh man, Lite-Brite is a blast from the past. I played with that at some point in the late 1960’s, although I don’t think it was mine. I guess now they have LED backlit ones–fancy-pantsy! Back then we used a 40 watt incandescent bulb, you had to plug it into the wall socket, and we LIKED it! ;-)

As I recall, Theo also had some sort of idea for non-lethal air-to-air missile technology, so I’m not sure we would have been capable of grokking his plan ;-)

What’s most scary is you thinking you have to link to a wikipedia page as there might actually be folks here who don’t remember them. Get off my lawn!

Next season of serial?

Is this for draining semen? Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I couldn’t be bothered to read this whole thread, especially if it’s about a quick fix for draining semen splashed onto your monitor.

It is worth reading the whole thing (and we never found out why).

If there is ever a Best Of Qt3 Threads, Teddy Rex would have at least three of the top ten. I often wonder what the scamp is up to now.

Every year or so I find this thread, and it’s funny to read every single god damned time.

My memory is fuzzy, but didn’t he kind of say he’s too good for us and he’s off to Wharton or something?

Was that the $30,000 podium guy?

I must be getting grumpy and forgetful in my old age. I think it was Jose Liz that went to Wharton and wasn’t in a huff.

Like Roanake and who shot first at Lexington and Concorde, this will go down as one of the great mysteries of our age.

Just spent way too long staring at the date on Legowarrior’s last post trying to figure out if it was saying December the 15th, or December 2015.

The apostrophe is the key - it indicates the omission of letters/numbers. So Dec '15 will always mean December 2015, whereas Dec. 15 would be the 15th day of said month.

Well yeah. It’s that the difference between a day and a year comes down to a little three-pixel speck. Really bad UX there.

I mean hell, if that apostrophe had fallen under one of the holes in my monitor I never would have seen it!