What have you played in the weekend?

Welcome to SoCal! What’cha doin’ out here?

Try to keep my derailing to a minimum but basically taking the kids to legoland, the San Diego zoo, the beach, whatever else catches our fancy.

I’m being the good son-in-law as my in-laws are visiting. Need to convince them to plan their trips prior to Steam sales.

You picked a great weekend to do it too.

I still have to say it: Grim Dawn – I wish I knew how to quit you. Every time I feel burned out I switch to a different toon and romp along for another 10 hours or so.

Not feeling particularly ambitious, so I’ll probably mess around with Ghost Of A Tale. Looks like a fun little game where you play as a little mouse trying to avoid rat guards. The videos I’ve seen look adorable. Just what I need when I feel the need to play something light and relaxing. It’s still in development, but about 1/3 of the game is fully playable right now.

Played ten different boardgames yesterday.

Highlights were:

Sons of Anarchy - which was new to me and is a certified banger, so much fun.
Flamme Rouge - brilliant cycle racing game which punches way above it’s 2 pages of rules
Suburbia - been a while since I had played this city builder but it remains a smart game, although a touch fiddly

Having a lazy weekend playing:

My weekend is practically over. I’ve been sick again this weekend unfortunately so didn’t feel like doing much. :(

I did spend some relaxing time in Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn, that’s about it.

I don’t play boardgames (lack of interested girlfriend or available friends), but TEN? Damn, that sounds impressive. I would imagine no time for much else? Did you at least eat?

I fiddled with Ghost Of A Tale, and it was indeed adorable, and this is amazingly the one game my girlfriend was watching me play with enthusiastic interest. She loves animals, and this game had her enthralled. She was cheering me on, even. That never happens. However, she wants me to wait with further play until the game is finished, so we can do an epic journey together. Very cool. I’ll gladly put it aside if it means I could lure her into liking a game, instead of loathing them as she does. Unfortunately, it could be a long time until this game is complete. I really hope SeithCG can manage it soon.

So we put that aside, and I fired up a game I had put aside 4 years ago: Rise Of The Triad 2013. Amazingly, she was kinda getting into this as well. My mind was blown. She actually giggled at the carnage, which didn’t surprise me. She has no problem with violence against “bad” humans, but if anything bad would have befallen that little mouse in Ghost Of A Tale, she’d have been very disappointed. Fortunately, when my mouse got killed, this wasn’t graphically depicted.

So I’m on a roll with the gf, and trying to think of other games she might like to watch me play. And from there, I’ll try and get her to actually play one, though that may be asking too much.

twice!

we did play for 12 hours and some of them were very quick :)

Mostly it’s been a lot of Magic: The Gathering with my girlfriend and her brother, so that’ll probably continue to be what I play this weekend. Fate/Grand Order will technically be out in English “this weekend,” except whoooooops, it’s out tonight at 11 PM my time. What a dumb time to release a game.

Finished the DLC for Last of Us. On to Rise of the Tomb Raider!

Turns it it was The Secret World Legends.

11 hrs so far.

This sounds like heaven to me!

Played tennis for over 4 hours, came home and had a big piece of chocolate cake with some ice cream. Not sure if I had a net calorie gain or loss any more.

I probably won’t get a chance to play something for several hours. I finished the first campaign of Pathfinder Adventures the other day, so I’m ready to move to the 2nd. Definitely have enjoyed my time with it so far.

I went through some of my sale purchases. Crowtel Renovations, which I gave up upon after an hour – it’s too hard!, and a bit of LOGistICAL and Wuppo (thanks again, Monsieur Chapeau!).

I did play a bit of Warframe and Persona 5 this weekend, but what I played the most?

Gemcraft: Chasing Shadows. It might well be the best tower defense game ever made. So good.

For me, once I leave work I have a four day weekend, but it’s a busy one, so not a TON of gaming. Regardless, for the blog I plan to cover:

And that’s it, because I want more time to myself, so I can play more:

Along with:

Oh, and I might get some stuff from the sale, so that too. Should be a great time. :)