What have you played in the weekend?

I just thought at this point in the game (very very early) that with power armor I would basically be god. I didn’t think that would be very much fun.

The awesome level of power armour in Fallout 4 is significantly downgraded from before.

In Fallout 1, 2, and 3, you are a demigod in a power armour. In F:NV, ranger armour is a viable alternative to power armour (personally I prefer ranger armour because of the lighter weight). In Fallout 4 power armour in general is just shit because a) you need a power armour station to do repair, and durability is shit, but normal armour never needs to be repaired, b) as mentioned before, you need power cell to power up, even though power cells are plentiful it is a PITA to carry them around, especially in Survival mode).

So they are not really giving you leg up with an early power armour in Fallout 4.

I didn’t remember there being a need for power cells in previous versions of the game. So yea, unless the cells are laying around the wasteland waiting to be found that probably does restrict it’s use.

Plus you can’t sneak around the wasteland in the new power armor. You’re in a giant mech, and you’re a big fat target. Basically I felt really vulnerable in the Power armor this time around. When you’re not in a Mech, you can sneak around and get the drop on people and get a big bonus on damage.

I remember feeling like power armor was definitely a huge upgrade in Fallout 1 and 2, but I generally avoided it in 3 and New Vegas. Like @soma, I loved the desert ranger armor in NV, that’s maybe the most badass looking armor ever.

This weekend, I’m predicting more Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

But I’m going to do my best to also play the newly released Shadowhand. :)

Ugh, I have a bit of a gaming depression. I’m kind of bored with the ones I’m playing now, but I need to finish a few of them before I download any new ones.
Considering starting Assassins Creed 2, but should really finish AC Syndicate first (I actually HAVE finished the main story, but I bought Jack The Ripper DLC and immediately disliked it).
Also AC Origins should be continues but I’m just not feeling it right now.

Feels like I need a shooter now.

For me it should be Nioh and Guild Wars 2 mostly, but I hope to find some time for AC: Origins, Euro Truck Simulator 2 (and the Italia expansion) and other like Helium Rain and Middle Earth: Shadow of War. ;)

I’ll also play “make a web application to handle Secret Santa thingies”. ;)

I’ll have to roll a die since I’m looking at a stack of RTS games and can’t freaking commit. Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak, Tooth and Tail, Steel Division Normandy 44 (with the beta patch), Ashes of the Singularity… I can’t make up my mind.

I think the first step is to uninstall Rocket League, which would take that off the table.

I have been playing some Grim Dawn but have not had a chance to game for a couple of days. But I’m really enjoying it. However, a new Path of Exile league starts today so I expect I’ll roll a new character and fiddle with that tonight. Tomorrow and Sunday I have concerts (I’m in a couple of jazz bands) so the crystal ball is fuzzy as regards gaming.

I have maybe 10 minutes a day as of late to play anything.

So some Antihero, Chaos Reborn, and Bejeweled 3.

I hope to get back to and finish AC Origins next week.

I will continue to play Grim Dawn and Wolfenstein II.

Wolf 2 has gotten really hard. I’m in a courtroom and getting killed constantly. I’ll have to git good.

Probably mostly Final Fantasy XIV. I’m almost done with Heavensward. Maybe I’ll open up my copy of Gloomhaven that arrived this week and start reading rules and punching out cardboard.

More Grim Dawn and maybe some Stellaris so I can conquer space with spaaaaace orks.

I’m playing ‘sit on a plane and watch movies and read books got 24 hours’

Which is as much gaming as I’ve done these last 8 weeks. But soon! Gonna forge on board games with the family tomorrow.

Edit: jeez is typing on my phone super flaky when plugged in

Have a safe flight! And welcome home!

Path of Exile. New league. 'Nuff said.

Thanks!

Awwww, we didn’t get nearly enough ‘cultural differences in India’ posts out of you while you were over there.

I will continue playing Fallout 4. The Rebel Scum in Lexington all died last night.