What have you played in the weekend?

I have no idea, somehow I completely missed it originally.

I remember loving that on my Atari ST back in the day…

Enjoy. ;)

I’m definitely playing more NMS, and also finally dipping my toes into DOOM 2016.

DCS World (my regular diet these days) with some Metal Gear Solid V. Trying to finally carve that one out of the backlog and thoroughly enjoying it.

Doin anything particular with the sim? Me I’m flying (and re-flying because of the dying) the awesome Museum Relic campaign in the MiG-15. And betatesting @Anklebiters cool new project, Time Pilot.

I picked up PS VR from a friend this week so I’m totally hooked on that stuff right now. Just buying everything I can because it’s awesome.

So, any or all of…
-Resident Evil Biohazard
-Farpoint
-Super Hot
-Arizona Sunshine
-Rez

My main diet will be:

Monster Hunter World
No Man’s Sky

Not much room for anything else!

Monster Hunter World (there have been promises, if they are kept PC, if not PS4)
Stardew Valley
Graveyard Keeper

A few board games during game night!

Besides the usual PUBG games, I’l be checking out the closed beta of Fear the Wolves as well as learning more about Escape From Tarkov in offline mode.

Dead Cells
I’m no good at it, but it is fun!

I got both Starglider 1 and 2 working, both DOS and Amiga, and wow those are tough.

Though they are quite different games one being about flight and the other being tank combat, when I think of starglider and its wireframe shooty goodness I can’t help but also think of Stellar 7.

The remake of it they did in 1991 for DOS was, well, stellar. If you never played it you should definitely put it on your list of classic games to try.

Endless Space 2 - I’ve finished one game, a ponderous scientific victory, maybe the 2nd game will go more efficiently.

Aven Colony

Boardgames

Learning the Viggen - which is a bunch of fun. Also playing the F-15 aggressor campaign. Haven’t even touched the Hornet yet! The problem with DCS is time - it stresses your mortality :) I have flown the Sabre only a couple of times and have not touched the MiG-15 yet. Definitely like the idea of the Museum relic campaign! I am trying to get flying time in every weekend - but there still seems to be an endless amount to learn.

And then we will have time pilot. Sigh. If only time pilot could take me back in time to when I was younger and more idle!!!

Starglider 2 - now that game was something I CRAVED. We only had a pokey games shop where I lived, and the titles we got were spotty at best. The closest I got to Starglider 2 was drooling over the solid 3D graphics while reading reviews in magazines. I was desperate to play it but never did. I also dimly recall that the game was supposedly smoother on the Atari ST. The Amiga was a work of engineering art with all its custom chips but its Motorola 68000 CPU was “only” clocked at 7MHz - while the ST’s was at 8MHz! Back in the day the Amiga was better in every way - better graphics, sound, etc. But we poor chaps who scored second best with the ST could only crow about our CPU clock speed. :)

Hah, to be honest I’m only toying with the Amiga versions because they were specifically requested. I would have stuck with DOS if I’d had my way.

Apology accepted, Captain Needa!

The plan was to play ESO but that got all destroyed by bot being able to purchase the game after the timed trial… so while waiting to be able to call support tomorrow, I’ve started and finished Heavy Rain, played the prequel chapter to coming Life is Strange 2, The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, and am currently playing Bioshock Infinite for the first time.
Might dip into Skyrim if i get bored with Bioshock.

Diablo 2 of all things.

Yakuza 0. As much as I possibly can.

If I have any time left, I might try playing a bit of No Man’s Sky. Or Monster Hunter World. Or UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st]. Or 7 Billion Humans. Or something else.

But most likely Yakuza 0. Sooooo good.