What have you played in the weekend?

Star Control: Origins, if it ever finishes downloading.
NMS as usual.

That sounds like a risky proposition, like tasting two different coffees one right after the other!

I intend to finally properly jump into Krondor, now that I’ve done the whole lot of reading about the lore (I read that the local Gandalf is a Pug, best setting ever!!).

Also some more door kicking with fellow @Chappers, I am hoping.

My current favorite game: Not Committing to Anything While Waiting for Valkyria Chronicles 4.

Might mess around a bit with Ace Combat: Assault Horizon just because it’s currently installed. Finishing that for once could be worth attempting.

I will be practicing swordswomanship in anticipation of AC: Odyssey on Oct 5! (I may have to find a galley)

In the meantime Dairy Queen XI! (and no more gambling)

A few hours in, having played a little past quarter to three last night… Krondor is amazing. The interface, for one, is out of this world. It’s a bit slow in its response time, but one of the most intuitive I can think of. The fightings, even that early in the game, have been both engaging in some of the tough fights (I pulled a move I’m not likely to forget any time soon in one of those trapped battles!), and relaxing in others with a very reliable auto-battle. Even better: there are quite a few flags for various things you do, and other parties react to what you have done, as simple as acknowledging you visiting some place. This is incredibly immersive, and something I much prefer to the more modern “wide array of options with little acknowledgement” of modern games.
Speaking of the atmosphere, oh my, that atmosphere. The writing is a joy to read. Besides events, there are a lot descriptions. The characters, even side ones occasionnally met, have all been memorable.
I had a bit of an issue navigating the 3D world at first — it is probably the part of the game that aged the most, with the terrible props — but now I am getting very comfortable with it. There is no in-game map per se, but simply making a rough sketch of where the places of interests are seems to be enough: you can navigate then the in-game world thanks to quite an extended field of view. Speaking of navigation, adding a “follow route” option is utterly brilliant: fast travel, without the lame fade to black of fast travel!
I’ll shut up before talking about all the part of the game I find smart. Again, what an amazing game, and it blows my mind it was released as early as 1993.

Those are everywhere! I have solved three so far, and feel incredibly clever (even though I go through and write the letters on paper).

In my limited gaming time, I’m dabbling with Star Traders: Frontiers. It’s a remarkable thing, and gives the sense that I’m barely scratching the surface of its incredibly deep collection of interlocking systems. I’m enjoying it, but wish I had more time for it.

I’m also still playing some PBEM Field of Glory 2, trying to defend Greece against that filthy Macedonian interloper.

Just don’t follow up Krondor with Betrayal in Antara. That game was garbage :(

This weekend, the plan is to play lots of Dragon Quest XI and CrossCode. I might also play a bit of Middle Earth: Shadow of War (just reinstalled) and maybe something else like Pillars of Eternity 2 or Absolver.

Betrayal at Krondor surprised me with its openness. I wasn’t expecting at all the whole world to be accessible right away!
Nonetheless, sorry, Betrayal at Krondor, sorry, Depth of Extinction
it’s CROSSCODE time.

I approve, and so does Lea!

I’m totally into Subnautica right now. It is just a great game. I somehow managed to not know anything about it until playing it. I love the way it scares me at times - I wouldn’t go into the caves for quite awhile. I also freaked out when I saw things down deep that shouldn’t have been there.

I also love my base, and I save every night near my bed.

This weekend is a lot of Soul Calibur VI beta.

Maybe Blood Bowl, maybe Dominions 5, probably Pathfinder Kingmaker

In between watching copious amounts of GSL VODs, it’ll be Valkyria Chronicles 4.

Had to go look up what Crosscode is, looks like of like a sci-fi Secret of Mana? Which I would dig, it looks pretty cool. But I imagine I’ll be playing more Division this weekend, since there’s a global event going on, and maybe some other random stuff might pop up.

See? This was my first thought too.

I’m playing ‘move across town’

I’ve played that game! It kind of sucks.

Kind of?

I’ve played that. It’s such a resource hog.

I’m going to play that too. Was it announced before and I missed it? I only saw it was happening last night I think?

I will also be playing the Capcom Beat 'em Up Collection on Switch and something on Nintendo DS since I have a DSi XL arriving today. It’s either going to be Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia or The World Ends With You.