What have you played in the weekend?

Working all weekend, but if time permits:

And…

I will be playing “Is this discount on Prime actually a good deal, or is it just the original price that no one pays with a slash through it.”

Some more Final Fantasy XII for me.

If time permits, Monster Hunter World or AC Syndicate.

More of this, please.

d9x06ad-11960e41-10ee-4f28-96b4-8a960a0a44bf

I blame Chappers and Thraeg for this.

Yesssssss

Well we know what to keep an eye out for on the frame game eventually.

Field of Glory Empires, assuming I get any game time.

This is all a ploy on my part to put you off track! I am not addicted to Monster Hunter GU at all.

I live where it’s hot so I used to play a lot of games in the summer. This year has been the opposite!

I might wrap up Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge on Xbox One X while drinking beer.

I’m not complaining.

In the past few weeks, I subscribed to Game Pass and overdid it on the Steam Sale so I’m going to keep sampling random new stuff, but the games I’ve been making progress in lately include:

Crackdown 3
Sunless Skies (SO GOOD)
Ruiner
Tower of Time

And I might even strap into VTOL VR and see if I can handle that shit. I tried it once so far and bravely eschewed the training missions just so I could see if I could figure it out. I flipped the plane on the runway a few times but then managed to take off and fly around. SO COOL!

This weekend D&D, and maybe take my newly arrived HEXplore It 1&2 for a spin.

Samurai Shodown, Apex Legends, Sonic Mania, Blazing Chrome, and some Sega Genesis retro games is the plan. There will also be some portable Switch time in there that includes the Sega Ages games I own as well as some of the NES stuff in Nintendo Online. I want to play a little Donkey Kong 3 and Wrecking Crew which were just added. I get a little lost in there sometimes playing things I have and have never played before. It’s a great bunch of games they’re offering.

What genre is this?

Top down “space” exploration in a victorian steampunk setting. And it’s amazing.

City of Heroes, of course. Also having the kids over so I’m going to dust off the Vive.

Like ‘Choose Your Own Adventure/Fighting Fantasy’ gamebooks, with real-time map exploration and combat.

For @Rock8man

You pilot your little train engine through the expanse of space, trading and exploring and fighting and taking on odd jobs at the varied ports of call, all the while managing your crew and their terror level.

The gameplay is really fun and challenging but the writing is the most exceptional thing about it.

It is that rarest of things… unique.

I suppose I’ll either need to turn in my Gamer Card, or I’ll have to go look this one up, because I’ve never heard of it, AND it looks intriguing.
EDIT: Better yet, maybe I’ll just wait until you have your video done, and watch that.

It’s been very stressful the last few weeks at work (several of us have lost our jobs during that time, and I keep thinking I’m next, but happily, the new schedule is now out, and I’m still on it - for now), so I’m tentatively planning to play something nice and easy and relaxing.

I picked up “True Fear: Forsaken Souls” on sale at GOG yesterday, even though I should be hoarding money just in case. But after all of the perpetual feeling of doom at my workplace that I’ve been through lately, I decided to reward myself, and after a bit of browsing, this looked like just the thing to calm me down.

I did fire it up earlier, and it does indeed seem like it will fit the bill just fine. It’s a point-and-click adventure game with a few hidden object areas. What’s cool is that if you don’t like hidden object games, you can opt to turn off the hidden object stuff, and those areas will then be replaced by inventory-based puzzles instead. And I believe that can be done on the fly. Also, the difficulty level can be changed on the fly, so theoretically, nothing can go wrong. Which is great, because I generally suck at adventure games.

The artwork, while very good as far as atmosphere goes, appears to be lacking a bit when it comes to portraying the characters, which look a bit amateurishly done (see the trailer below to see what I mean). But I’m not too fussy as long as the environments and atmosphere is done well, and the story is decent, and the puzzles aren’t too difficult.

This is a lousy trailer by the way: