What have you played in the weekend?

My main game this weekend will probably be Thea 2. I’ve tried a couple of starts to get my feet wet and now it’s time for a deep dive. (@Nesrie I was going to replay Rimworld, but Thea 2 has stolen all my attention for survival games!)

If I play anything else, it’ll be Fallout: New Vegas. I’m trying to finish up some of the older games on my backlog and never finished the expansions. Just completed Old World Blues and started Dead Money, but I don’t know if I’ll make it through the other two. Much as I like the story and familiar setting, I think I prefer the moment-to-moment gameplay of Fallout 4. If F:NV doesn’t stick, next in the queue is Witcher 2.

DRG

Great choice!

Ancient Planet (Steam)

I’m getting very close to unlocking those last couple upgrades and finishing the campaign. I don’t know what happens after that, I think some sort of endless mode unlocks, but endless modes don’t appeal to me. So when the game is done I will probably move on to the next tower defense game waiting for me, Gemcraft: Frostborne Wrath, which just came out today.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (WiiU)

I chip away at this every few months when I get the urge. I’ve been chipping away at it for years. I die a lot and dislike boss fights, but the game is brilliant.

Wandering about Rohan into LOTRO. Getting my fool ass shot down because I picked Germany, Spring 1916 as my starting point in WOFF.

Doing my yearly rewatch of Babylon 5

You should post about your experiences in the Dark Souls thread.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m on it.

I ended up going back to The Witcher (1) Enhanced Edition for a few hours yesterday (with a couple of mods loaded in).

What mods are essential for Witcher 1?

I decided to follow the lead of this guy but didn’t pick every one he mentioned, and on the other hand looked at what nexusmods had and picked a couple of bugfix mods to boot.

Hunkering down and beating Halo: Reach campaign. It’s such a throwback and feels out of time.

I shall be playing a LOT of Skyrim this weekend. I’m seeing a ton of new stuff, even after having this on 5 platforms!

I’ve also been thinking a bit about playing some Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - I played a few hours at release, but got distracted. I read @tomchick 's excellent re-review the other day, and that got me interested in going back to it.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Too Many Bones
Hopefully Deity Empires now that I bought it.

I may have been playing Glass Masquerade but don’t tell Evil Kosc.

I’m pursuing the cleaning of all my old consoles cables and gamepads after a basement catastrophe a few years back.
XBOX is alive but serves little purpose, Dreamcast’s GDROM drive is dead (although there are now ways to replace it with an emulated one, so there will be that option), but the highlight was yesterday’s succesful resurrection of the Sega Saturn. It took a lot of cleaning: the gamepad’s insides were abominable. But it works 100% still. I need to buy a battery and replace the internal one.

Some spare time at last to get to grips with the DCS F-16.

… and, actually, as the Star Ruler 2 thread is alive again I have a huge hankering to go back to that too… something very satisfying about that game.

More Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, of course.

Yeah, I had the same feeling while playing through the first mission when it was released on PC. It’s kinda weird that it’s a much larger gap between Reach and Destiny than between Reach and Combat Evolved, considering the years between those games.

As for my weekend:

I’m trying to get Hull City to the Premier League in my first full season with them, after getting the job having taken a Vanarama National League club to League One. The board is satisfied with a top half finish, but I have bigger plans even though the financials are weak.

Wrapping up my first co-op run through:

…and casting about for something to play in single player. Maybe some Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, or perhaps I’ll give the Witcher 3 another shot.

How is Nine Parchments?

A lot of fun, though surprisingly challenging at times. It’s sort of Magicka with less elemental combo zaniness but no memorization and way more progression structure - unlockable characters, individual skill trees, tons of spells to learn and try etc. We’re really enjoying it, and plan to replay it with some new characters once we finish this first run-through.