What have you played in the weekend?

I spent all weekend playing ME2, after just having finished ME1. Aaaaand… WOW this is sooo much better than the first and Andromeda. I love how they centered the game around the companions, and how diverse it is in comparison to the first game (GOD the repetitiveness was just horrid in ME1).

Also - I’ve previously said I couldn’t get the whole romance an alien-thing, but let me say… THANE. Oh god.
Could totally understand sexing up someone from the Drell species a lot more than say turians, even though I love Garrus, because they are more alike humans (especially LIPS ).
SO - I youtubed his romance option cause I was curious and didn’t want to cheat on Kaidan (even though he’s a boring selfcentered snore) and OH MY GOD i cried for 30 hours.
BioWare has to stop breaking my heart.

My cold as steel femshep almost fell prey to Thane. The character was so great (well, all the alien characters of Mass Effect 2 are pretty awesome to begin with). I mean, the prospect of dating a Rimbaud with the gun familiarity of Chow Yun Fat. I was this close to succumb, but… not.
Now you make me really curious… It has been so long, maybe I should play the darn games again, and find out.

Don’t do it, unless you enjoy having your heart ripped out.
No, seriously.

Remember, he has Keplers Disease.

The only way I got myself to continue playing was to convince myself he missed his dead wife and no one should romance him, so that he gets to meet her in the ocean afterlife of theirs. I was just regular nice to hem, but he still liked me so much he started calling me Siha, which made me sad again.
LOL. I guess i was a bit hungover too, but still. He’s just SO GREAT. And that voice!

I like the tone and story of the first game better, but adore the companions of two far more. The first is much more space opera, which is much more rare than sci fi action adventure. Nothing wrong with that, I love that too, but losing one of the few space opera settings really stung. Plus they did violence to the central narrative and structure of the reapers, which I’m still mad about.

But Mordin was that great that I rank two nearly on par with 1.

Yeah might agree with you, but since I just played ME1 recently, it’s kinda crappy since it’s old. The story is nice, yes, but there were so many flaws with the game that it overshadowed the good things. Like the pain of walking around (or rather, ride elevators) the Citadel, or the 50 different stupid planets you had to land on and do 1.000.000 exactly same missions with the exact same bunkers, or the aiming and shooting and the overheating… oh lord.
I DID really enjoy the fact that you never had to reload or find ammo though.
So ME2 is just a complete touch up on all the things they did wrong, and I love how different all missions are. I guess I’m about halfway through the game now, maybe more, but I’m not the least bit bored yet. Not even by scanning planets, and that’s saying something. =)

I mean you will get no argument from me that ME2 is mechanically better. Most of the hanky parts were smoothed over. There are many refinements that improve player experience. Objectively it is the better ‘game’.

However there were several things that were lost, things that I care more about than most of that. The depth of the RPG leveling, the tone, the narrative sweep (never mind that the side missions were amazing, I’m talking core story), the fact it didn’t have that stupid ‘biotics and tech powers only debuff enemies without shields or armor’. That last one really irked me. Crowd control abilities like the black hole biotic power were really cool! Let me use them! By restricting them to unprotected enemies it made them pointless, especially on higher difficulties where they should matter. What’s the point of putting an enemy into a stun, when you could just as easily kill him?

So it’s a case of a series where they largely fixed things I don’t care about, in order to ‘break’ things I really do. They so thoroughly nailed the companions and their missions that I forgive that, which speaks very highly of the crew who did Mordins stuff. Because otherwise I’d probably hate it.

So yeah, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire ended up being the only thing I’ve played (and I did play a fair amount of it). And for good reason: it’s really good so far, more so for fans of GW1 because of all the references and lore.

Oh come on, I agree, but the ending completely redeemed this. I will say no more, just in case you haven’t made it to the end yet.

I guess I feel more like ME2 is building up to the trilogy, without really nowing how it ends (but with some kind of clue), bt I can defenitely see your points.
And you’re right, I rarely ever use the powers or abilities. That said - I went with playing all ME games on casual, so I can’t really give an hones opinion about powers and fighting abilites in general.
But yes, the story is a lot better in the first game. I just enjoy playing the second more =)

I played it to the end yes, and started ME2 now, and you’re pretty right, in retrospect, the game annoyed me a lot more while just finishing the missions before the to ending missions, and then I kind of forgot about the annoying bits and whent straight to starting ME2 because… because I LOVE MASS EFFECT!!!
Damn, I really hope they keep making them. Andromeda wasn’t bad enough for them to stop making the games.

Sigh. I’m going to have to bite the bullet and get Path of Fire one of these days.

The moment I saw Augury Rock and the ruins of the three Ascension runes… oh boy, the feels. ;) And the recreation of the Hall of Ascension is fantastic. Soooo good.

Yeah, I was the same way. I avoided playing the first two games until the third was about to come out. And then I played through ME1, and despite the annoyances, the ending was so good that I was on a complete high and at that moment, I couldn’t wait, I had to play ME2 RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT. And funny enough, ME2 kind of accommodates that. The game starts off with a bang, as if they were predicting that some people will have just finished ME1 and come straight to ME2.

I tried to play Assetto Corsa, but I couldn’t. It’s so hard to drag out the peripherals when I have so many other immediate distractions. I’m a lazy gamer.

This is the buggest thing keeping me from grabbing Project Cars 2 right now. I’ve got F1 2017 on the PS4 which I’m enjoying and I just keep my wheel/pedals hooked up to that and I can just push them to the side to play my other games. Moving them over to my PC is an entirely different undertaking. I’ve also got AC but I’ve only touched it a few times mostly because dragging my wheel around is a pain.

Played a bunch of Elder Scrolls Online - wrapped up some outstanding Pact and Orsinium exploration achievements, and now I’m just focused on the Morrowind expansion. Which I stalled out on early in because the Balmora quest line is kind of… boring? And long. But I put it behind me finally and had some fun in Gnisis and doing some random other quests and delves. This is a game that does bonkers a lot better than it does drama.

Everyone needs to come to terms with enjoying racing simulators using a gamepad. That way you don’t have to worry about the mental burden of dragging out a wheel to play them.

You can drag out a wheel out of the closet with your mind? Dude, I wanna game at your house!

I don’t play racing games. I play racing simulators.

I only play driving games.