What have you played in the weekend?

I’m not sure if I want to start up Dishonored 2 right now, seeing as the next month, the house is being re-windowed and re-sided and I’m not 100% with how much time I’ll have, and I hate playing games on a schedule, that’s just not me.

So Hearts of Iron IV might be on the schedule, but it’s been awful in terms of performance lately, and I can’t quite figure out why.

Barring those, I might play the Annoy @Scotch_Lufkin and @ShivaX while they play Warhammer 2 Game that I’m still inventing right now.

Stellaris, where I am desperately trying to cobble together enough firepower to exterminate my two bordering empires simultaneously before the nearby fallen empire wakes up. This venture will probably fail.

Still really into The Elder Scroll Online - finished up the Morrowind expansion the other day. I’ve started in on the Imperial City DLC now, and I’m poking around the beginner areas of the Daggerfall Covenant.

Picked up Black Desert Online on the Steam sale, so I’ll probably spend a few hours in the character creation screen. Then, more Elite Dangerous, flying more sightseeing tours, introducing myself to alien invaders.

Divinity: Original Sin 2. Though she may need to stay the whole week. ;)

Giving this a try

I really enjoyed this. I need to boot it up again. Fun/chill/low budget exploration.

But its been in early access for like 3+ years… :(

That’s why I’ve waited until now, numpty.

Giving my recent Diablo 3 addiction a break. All this talk of Divinity: Original Sin 2 reminded me I only put a few hours into the first game so playing some of that and possibly some Skyrim.

I really need to jumpstart my backlog so maybe I can enjoy some of the games that came out in the last few years. On my Xbox One I own but have still not played AC Unity, Fallout 4, GTA V, Forza 6, The Witcher 3, Sunset Overdrive and at least another half dozen games I can’t recall. I need a 40 day weekend.

How are the lenses working for you? All I can think of when I hear of those is the inserts I used to have for my gas mask in the Army. Hopefully these are less painful to deal with. Fired up Elite for a few minutes tonight. I don’t know if it will ever get old hopping into Elite in VR. If only I could remember all my voice attack commands after some time away from the game.

I have a work deadline looming, so not much gaming for me this weekend, but I hope to spend time with Offworld Trading Company, probably some AoE2, and maybe the AoE1 DE or Empires Apart Beta builds.

Having never used a gas mask I couldn’t compare, but I guess they’d be a bit of a nuisance if you had to swap them in and out to accomodate multiple users all the time.

For me they’re working well though, they just fit in on top of the Rift lenses and act like wearing prescription glasses would.

How does that work? Is it something that’s left in the gas mask all the time? I can’t imagine trying to fumble around with something that small in the 30 seconds before I get knocked out by nerve gas.

My memory is that it was a metal frame around the lenses, and then connected to that frame were these metal hoop things that you had to squeeze into the eye pieces of the mask to hold it in place, but you couldn’t really adjust them or anything like the lens spacing and stuff with the vr headsets. Found an image (yay internetz):

mask-insert

You left it in the mask all the time. There would be no way to get the mask on in time if you had to screw around with the insert.

I’ve been stuck in southern Oregon for a week with only a mildly-retarded laptop and a Verizon hotspot that doesn’t allow for Netflix watching for company. So it’s been online Netrunner and a Baldur’s Gate 2 replay for gaming. I imagine the weekend will be more of the same.

That looks awful. Thank God you never had to use it in action.

I’m sure Age of Rivals will take up a little of my time. I’ve been playing about an hour a day for the last few months. I’m waiting for the developers to make some DLC with more cards so I can throw some more money at them.

I should add you are already losing time throwing off your glasses as you go to grab the mask. Bio and Chem was nasty business, but was great incentive to excel at your at your job. The SOP was if you had no detector kits to determine if all-clear could be called, you disarmed the lowest ranking/least integral person in the unit, had them take their mask off, and then see what happens. I don’t know about anybody else, but I was doing soldier of month and quarter boards and everything I could to get promoted so I wasn’t that guy :).

I seem to be in this horrible tailspin of not knowing what to focus on, because I have an MMO itch going again. I have GW2, ESO, and Black Desert all installed and I waffle between all 3. Which is horrible, because that means I get more nowhere than is typical of an MMO (which is already designed to not really get you anywhere). All while trying to get through Witcher 2 so I can catch up to my son in Witcher 3.

I’m starting to think it was better when I was subbed to WoW - the eliminated the wafflng because I had the compulsion to focus on the game I was spending a monthly fee on…

Note that you can’t adjust the WidmoVR inserts, but since they’re tailored to your exact IPD you shouldn’t need to. The Rift IPD should be set to the same as your prescription measurement.

Pic

I have noticed there is some introduced distortion around the edges when rotating your head, but I suppose that’s the price you pay for another set of lenses between your eyes and the screen.

Tomorrow is the 1st of October so I think I’m going to kick off a horror-filled month by playing Alien Isolation. Replaying I guess, technically, since I started but didn’t finish on the 360 a couple years back.