What have you played in the weekend?

Gonna be playing Holland '44 tomorrow morning via VASSAL so I gotta study up tonight.

You have excellent taste in whisky.

And I thought my bookshelf was high-brow…

Just waiting for them to release it to PS4! Cause they haven’t yet, have they?

They haven’t even announced it for console yet.

They better. Soon.

I got sucked into Planet Coaster. I’ve had the game and wanted to dive in for awhile, but I needed to kind of ramp up to it. If you want to take your theme parks to 11, you can really get sucked into this game. I mean like “oh snap, it’s 3:00 AM, and I’ve finally finished my bathroom stall” sucked in.

Here I am down with the sickness:

EDIT: Hrm, that 4x8 area by the ATM needs a bit of work…

I loved Rollercoaster Tycoon, but when I played this, it seemed like busy work. There seemed to be no challenge. Just plop crap down, wait for more money, plop bigger crap down, hire a few workers, and wait some more until you win.

Does this change?

Nope. If you are looking for a RCT type experience, this isn’t it. Hard mode is hard for the first year, then it’s still easy mode. The game’s management is not very well balanced. That being said, if you play this with the notion that you are trying to make the coolest park your brain can fathom, then you will have fun with it. The devil is in the details, and if you check a few of the more popular streamers (Flabaliki, Geeksim, Silvaret) You can quickly see that while it looks similar to the RCT series and has several similar elements, it is not the same playstyle.

I saw that game the other day and got kinda curious, but forgot about it. Thanks - I might try this now! =)

Can’t wait to get home, kick off my shoes and start up Mass Effect 3. Bitterseet, have been playing through 1 and 2 in September, and will be a bit sad to see all those characters go… =(
Also will be playing Metal Gear Solid IV - The Phantom Pain, since it was this months free game at PS Plus =)

At least you won’t miss those characters when the game is over! :-)
It is a great stealth game though where it’s OK to shoot things when your stealthiness goes south.

Sounds perfect for me - I love stealth games =)

My daughter is in a soccer/football tournament this weekend. If they win they advance so little to no gaming. If they lose early then some time for the following:

I went for the Humble Bundle with Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes with all the DLC. I had FELH but the DLC were a steal at the offered price. Is this game prone to crashing or is it just my computer? Anyhoo, this game is pretty hard even on the normal setting. But it is fun, despite the crashing.

And I finally am giving Invisible, Inc. a go. Great so far.

I’ll continue to play Destiny 2, which I’m still only having an okay time, and Cuphead which I find utterly enchanting so far. Last night I beat a double boss in Cuphead that was my favorite so far. It’s a fight against two toads wearing boxing gloves. One fires fireballs at you, and the other fires little fireflies, then one of them charges at you and starts throwing a bouncing balls while the other one uses his arms to create a fan that’s pushing me towards the other enemy. And when that doesn’t work, the one that was a fan swallows his friend and they turn into a slot machine. I mean WTF, the creativity is off the charts, but it all makes sense in this weird 1930s batshit context. I love it.

I don’t recall having crashing issues, but it’s been 4+ years since I played it.

I sense before the weekend is up I will own this.

For me, it’s Guild Wars 2 for sure - still got a couple elites to unlock, and lots of things to do and see after that. I might try something else if I feel the need - like Hob, or Battle Chasers: Nightwar, or Heat Signature - but it will probably be just Guild Wars 2. ;)

I may actually skip Warframe for once in anticipation of the Plains of Eidolon update later this week.

That leaves a few things: I’d like to start on Shadowrun: Dragonfall, and continue my attempts to find a time of day when Guns of Icarus: Alliance has people actually playing.

I’m playing Cuphead for sure - downloading now after getting a 25% off voucher from GreenManGaming.

I think I’ll also purchase Through the Ages on Android - I’ve been eyeing that for a couple weeks now.