What have you played in the weekend?

I’m still fairly early into it as well, and yeah, the campaign so far is a sheer delight of absurdity.

Rise of the Tomb Raider, given away by a kind Qt3 soul. It’s so amusing watching Lara repeatedly bounce off of hard surfaces.

Probably some more 1.38 patch No Man’s Sky.

After that, I dunno.

I’ve been having a blast with Steamworld Dig 2 all week.

Annnnd I just finished. Guess I will be spending more time with Zelda, then.

Gonna play Round 3 of our weekly Holland '44 game over VASSAL - we’re on the morning of the 19th and the 1st Airborne will be out of supply for the first time. Only problem is that due to time difference between me and my opponent, our starting time for me is 5AM Saturday morning.

I caved in yesterday and bought Divinity Original Sin 2 so that’s what I’ll play this weekend. After an hour or two it’s great!

Tank Warfare: Tunisia is on sale, so I grabbed that. (Thanks for the tip @Mr_Bismarck!) I’ve been fighting against the UI more than the Germans, but it seems to be a game deserving of me struggling up the learning curve.

I’m curious to see how you’ll try to get those panzergrenadiers off the Arnhem bridge.

agreed. best. now to reinstall my gog copy.

I…I finally finished Witcher 2.

I read the first book of short stories. Working on the second now. Not sure if I wait until I finish the main series before firing up Witcher 3 or not. The short stories are supremely helpful in filling in details, because I tend to miss things in the game itself. Too many names and places for my head.

Probably Pathfinder on my phone or some other silly game. It’s go-live weekend, so probably nothing beefy unless it goes smoothly, you never know!

I hope you enjoy it! The series is so good if you hang in there.

I just had a great accidental moment in the game - one of a pair of British machinegunners got hit square-on by a tank round which went through him and out the other side, bouncing off the sand. The pair didn’t have any orders at that exact moment, as they were switching from completing reloading into firing mode again, and so the other guy’s idle trigger went off, meaning he picked the moment his friend was being split in twain to shout out “at least I’m getting a tan!”

I won’t have to! They’re my panzergrenadiers :) I do share your interest in how my opponent is going to deal with them, though, now that 1st Airborne’s attack strengths are halved.

My suspicion is that if his salvation is to come, it will be from south of Nijmegen bridge.

You haven’t played Witcher 3 yet? Wow, you have such a treat in store. I’m always jealous of people getting to play it for the first time. Just start it already :)

Another game on my backlog (along with Witcher 2!).

I get backlog paralysis where I spend 20 minutes trying to decide what to play and then end up playing Diablo 3.

I know right? My son just completed it, so I’m behind. But the first set of short stories helped connect so many references in Witcher 2 that I don’t want to miss things in Witcher 3 because I don’t have the full backstory :) I watched a recap of Witcher 1 (cause my memory sucks) and dear lord - the amount I missed because I didn’t understand WTF was going on…

I actually recently bought Witcher 1 on Steam, and borrowed Witcher 2 for Xbox, so the plan is to play through them as well. Maybe I’ll start a new playthrough of W3 after that, for a new experience :)

After bouncing off Nich’e a couple of weeks ago I just added Dungeons 3 so I am downloading as I type. Hope I can get into this one.

No video. I’ll see if I can dig up a photo.

I am playing Ys Lacrimosa of Dana. A game that for the first 20 hours I trough was mediocre, or simply bad. It happens to be a wide and deep game that expand in scope so slowly you almost not notice. I achieve one or two great feelings. Exploration, attachment to characters, combat.

Cool! I’m keen on this but they delayed the PC version due to technical issues so it’s a few weekends away for me. Also I hear they’re fixing up the bad localisation work on all platforms. Probably a better idea than releasing it to be savaged by Steam user reviews and hoping to fix later.

Since I just picked up The Golf Club 2 I have been going crazy playing a lot of rounds. Some courses have super tough greens that can be frustrating, but in general it feels great to play. Missed PC golf.