What have you played in the weekend?

I will be playinc AC: Origins, mixed up with some Fable II, and probably start Dragon Age 2 (the two latter need to be finished by Christmas since they are borrowed).
I wish I could continue AC Syndicate, but it’s hell mixing that one up with Origins because of the controls, so it will have to wait. .-

I know it didn’t go down well here, but I’ll be playing some more Endless Space 2 this weekend. If I’ve time, some Sentinels of the Multiverse (board game or digital, depending on if my partner joins in). Maybe some War for the Overworld or Borderlands (the latter I picked up for a shiny dollar on sale, and have been enjoying).

Argh, I need to play this too before I let myself buy Wolf 2. Let me know how it goes.

I bought Wolf 2, and haven’t played The Old Blood yet. :p

I have the entire weekend to myself and nothing at all to do until Sunday evening. So a real are opportunity to get stuck into something. No doubt I will scroll through my steam library and refresh the same 5 websites over and over again.

I’m so envious right now. I miss LAN parties, and with games like that you’re guaranteed a good time.

I would take you up on this if I owned it! You’re JST, right? I’m BST. That means I’d have to play you in the morning/early afternoon. Latency would be through the roof no doubt too.

I think the point where I left off (a few months ago) in the Old Blood, I was crouching in a vent somewhere, and I had to come outside and get into a big firefight. It’s not the type of place you want to stop playing, because when you come back, you’re super rusty and you keep getting your ass kicked when you leave the vent.

As for my weekend, I don’t really know. I wrapped up my October spooky gaming on Halloween night, appropriately enough. But I didn’t get to Layers of Fear or State of Decay as intended. Maybe I should start a spooky November session?

But also, I’m anticipating getting my Xbox One X next Tuesday so I’m hesitant to start anything new. So maybe I’ll just keep working through some older backward compatible Xbox games. I forgot how good Crimson Skies is.

Sometimes I wanna get an OG Xbox just for Crimson Skies.

So, for me, should be a fairly busy weekend. For the blog I need to hit:

And also am gonna try to hit:

For myself, I’ve recently become heavily invested in:

I feel like I might actually…finish it…not this weekend, but soon…and I rarely finish games.

Should be a good weekend. :)

I love the Crazy Machine games.

If you played the first one and liked it it’s safe to say you will like this. I found it slow going at the start but soon got into the rhythm again, I just love Machinegames’ style and the way they have conceptualised the universe. Less insane stuff like the moonbase of the first one (which I dug) but cool all the same and whets the appetite nicely for Wolf 2. I am only about half way though in terms of chapters.

One week ago I was in the exact same position. Last Sunday I decided to do something about it and get stuck into the backlog.

I’m going to use my first slime key in Slime Rancher!

If you enjoy playing RTS I’ll never challenge you, ever!
Latency is the reason I lost a bunch of games of OTC to some English dude residing around here, no doubt.

If I can muster up enough mental focus, I’ll try watching some howto videos and then dive back into Tank Warfare: Tunisia. I’ve also been playing Saints Row 2 of all things. I never would have bought it, but I got for free on GOG so I figured why not? I’ve never played anything in that genre so it’s all new to me.

How did he manage to take the Arnhem bridge from you?

I mean, I enjoy different RTS but I’m shite at it!

I’ll have to throw in Skyrim here. I buckled under the screaming 67% off-sign at the PS-store.

What?!? You’ve…you’ve never played Skyrim? Dear lord are you in for a treat - its possibly the greatest open world simulation fantasy game out there. And once you put in a 100 hundred hours, you’ll discover the mods…oh god the mods - Thats another 100 hours.

Oh, and its getting a VR version on PS4 this month as well. I envy you !

Besides playing PUBG and Hearthstone as usual, I’ll continue with Wolfenstein II as well as getting my boots on the ground in Call of Duty: WWII (the last CoD I bought at launch was MW3).

Played each of these toward the end of week and plan to spend a few more hours with them this weekend:

Fire Emblem: Awakening – It is hard to screwup a Fire Emblem game. The story is sort of dumb (I fear it involves time travel), but Fire Emblem stories are usually on the groan-inducing side of things. The gameplay’s still great and that’s what matters. I think it might be in the running for my favorite of the series along with Path of Radiance. Really helps to justify my 2DS XL purchase, especially since Super Mario 3D Land did not grab me the way that New Super Mario Bros. on the DS did.

Mass Effect: Andromeda – Saw some positive comments about it on here and thought I’d try it out on Origin Access. Not a bad deal for $5. The first mission was tedious (and forever taking), the characters aren’t that noteworthy so far, and the dialogue is iffy, but. . . I think I like it, maybe? The combat is still clunky in the way that Mass Effect combat has always been, but it seems I’ve arrived at a point where the game opens up (I just established the first outpost) and I have to travel around the galaxy setting up more colonies. That’s a cool enough idea to keep me playing a while longer.

Wasteland 2 – Got it in the Humble Bundle for cheaper than I’ve seen it before ($10). I have held off since I’ve heard mixed things about it, but I enjoy it so far. The turn-based combat is satisfying and the Ag Center mission was interesting enough. I’m glad it forces you to make tough decisions (e.g., can’t save Highpool and the Ag Center, as far as I could tell). Still, the random encounters on the overworld map make me feel like I’m playing a JRPG and I hear it gets grindy later. It looks like a good foundation for the upcoming BattleTech game at the very least.

So, I really like one of the games and am cautiously optimistic about the other two. Not a bad weekend ahead.