What have you played in the weekend?

I travelled all weekend, which means I spent ample time with my new 2DS XL. I feel like it’s already paid for itself. I alternated between Super Mario 3D Land and Fire Emblem: Awakening. Still quite like Awakening, but Super Mario 3D Land has not grabbed me the way New Super Mario Bros. on the DS did.

I’ve had Thoth for a while and have chipped away at beating the levels - I think for over a year. I finally beat the main game, I still have the procedurally generated levels left. Steam reports I’ve only been playing the game for 2 hours - it seems like so much more.

I love how the levels are bite-sized. Needing to beat the levels in groups of 4 to reach a save point can be frustrating, but due to the quick nature of the levels it is manageable.

Well, someone gifted me Dungeons 3 (looks like they got it from cdkeys), so I’ll be diving into that this weekend. I’m a sucker for all these Dungeon Keeper clones.

Just started playing Oxygen Not Included. Gonna take it slow and not read any hints or wikis. Basically it looks like Diggles, except people can piss themselves. Haven’t played long enough to find out if there’s hamster riding.

Edit: Nah, I haven’t finished with War for the Overworld. Can’t remember what I don’t quite like about the interface, but I’ll revisit the game soon.

On Sunday I’m going to Pax Unplugged, which will be my first-ever Pax, and my second-ever board game con, and I’m probably just going to walk around the huge vendors room and drool at all the games.

I take it you’re done with WtfO if you’re moving on the Dungeons 3, then.

If all goes well, mostly Nioh. Also Guild Wars 2. Maybe something else. We’ll see.

For me this weekend it’s Injustice 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 2!

(also maybe some Nioh and Mario)

Were you guys PS4 Nioh players or did you wait for PC? I can’t remember.

I played on the PS4 early in the year, now on PC.

Been trying to get into Warframe, keeps bouncing off me. Something about it doesn’t play nice with my system which isn’t helping…it all seems a bit…stuttery.

Skyrim on Switch. Only finished the escape (have done this on PC of course), but it looks and plays great so far. Having this on handheld is wonderful.

Stop trying to make me purchase Skyrim for the 7th time (Not kidding) and a new game system, dammit!

More AC Origins for me, especially now that I have my new G-sync monitor (HYPE!!!).

More AC Origins on the PS4 Pro for me, now that I have my new LG OLED (HDR HYPE!!).

Endless Space 2 with the new diplomacy patch. I’ve also gone back to Buzz Aldrin’s Let’s Mock Trump Space Program Manager and started a new campaign as the Soviets.

I don’t have a PS4, so I’m finally playing it on PC. It’s so refreshing to see a game with proper kamae! And souls-like-ish combat with random loot and crafting! Nioh might well be my dream “souls-like” game.

Diablo 3 as a Necromancer, Grim Dawn as a Necromancer, Dead Space 2 as… Isaac Clarke I guess.

Necromorph killer. Speaking of which, I should probably get started with my Dead Space ten-years-on replay. Wondering if I should try for the achievement for using the plasma cutter only, though that kind of seems like a bad idea. Oh well. Stick around, I’m full of bad ideas.

Got my titan up to level 20, may as well run her the rest of the way through the campaign missions I guess. I did get my necromancer through the campaign in Diablo 3 last weekend, only took me what, three, four months? May be time to take a break from Diablo 3.

Did you get the additional odd-sounding achievements for the Necro? How hard are those to get? Like there’s one for using bone armor on the skeleton king, and one for being below 10% health and then using a self-life draining skill to kill Diablo. And another to defeat the shadow form in the Diablo battle a certain way. Are all those fairly easy to get?

Oh no, I didn’t do any of those. Just the ones for getting my necro to level 70 and beating Malthael. I may go back and try for those other ones somewhere down the line but for now I really do need a break from Diablo 3. It doesn’t help that I don’t really enjoy playing the Necromancer, I kind of like having minions running around me like the Witch Doctor, but I never felt all that powerful. I’m still a big fan of the demon hunter above all else.