What have you played in the weekend?

It looks faster paced than Souls from the video I just watched. Is that true? One of the things I like about Souls is the slower pace.

Yeah, it is faster, but very responsive, and it doesn’t feel frantic or button-mashy. For me it’s somewhere between Dark Souls and DMC 4 in terms of combat “feel” (it seems to me the “ki pulse” mechanic was partly inspired in the “exceed rev” mechanic that Nero has in DMC 4). Speed also depends on which weapon you’re using, so keep that in mind.

All I can say so far is that it feels soooo right. There’s a lot of depth in the combat system. It’s also very “cerebral”, perhaps even more than recent Souls games and their penchant for “offense before defense”. From what little I’ve played so far, it feels to me to be as good as or better than what I’ve seen in the Souls series.

I’ll have to keep this game in mind. Probably worth a try for me since I love the Souls games.

Going to finish up Lost Legacy. I have two more chapters to do. I’m working on getting all of the treasures. I’ve got all of them from chapter 4 and up. When I finish the game, I am going to go back and get the other ones, and maybe get all of the photo locations as well.

This weekend looks like some board games (don’t know which ones yet) and some Star Traders: Frontiers.

Megaton Rainfall has been released on Steam. I will play this.

Yeah not to mention the combos, multiple stances, and weapon skill trees. You can unlock moves and edit your own weapon combos. It’s superb; deep, tactical, and impactful. I also love the atmosphere created by the audio design.

It’s certainly a cut above other Souls-alikes, like the Fallen or Surge games.

Uh oh. My brain doesn’t handle combos very well.

They’re not really ‘combos’ like in fighting games, as in sequences of timed button/directional inputs.

More like, press Y to do a specific move after a flurry of strung-together light attacks. Or press X while guarding to do this move. Or hold X to do this one.

Each stance for each weapon has three or four of those, and you can assign what moves are triggered from a set of ones you unlock on the weapon skill trees.

Please tell us how it is, it looks insanely awesome.

So for me, I’m taking some time off from the blog, so a lot of non-space games, starting with my most recent acquisition:

Which I am super excited about. I also plan to get some time in with:

Should be a good weekend, and I’ve a lot of free time leading into and after Thanksgiving, so even more gaming will happen! Yay!

MechWarrior Online. I need to binge on this game every few months. No idea why. Maybe because I love the lore.

Maybe that would work, if I don’t have to remember too many things.

BTW, listening to the latest episode of the Three Moves Ahead podcast actually almost makes me want to install the Bungie-developed Myth series again. They were so good!! And they’ve been updated to run on modern hardware and everything.

OMG I wanna do the same thing. Gonna break out my Myth 2 disks this weekend.

Actually (not absolutely sure about this) you may not even need to do that. Per what they were saying on the podcast, the place to go is http://projectmagma.net

I want the single player stuff too dude.

Will do. Installing now.

Yeah, I was wrong–looks like you have to scare up the old CDs or images thereof one way or another. The link to get the game looks like it points to eBay (which is nuts nearly 20 years later).

Didn’t get to play much before I had to make dinner. The opening really reminds me of Asheron’s Call. When you play it you’ll understand. :)

It’s a crime these aren’t available digitally.